Gallery's prototyping feature allows you to view Sketch prototypes that are uploaded to Gallery with the Gallery Plugin for Sketch.
Upload your Sketch prototype to Gallery
- First, create your prototype in Sketch. If you've never added hotspots or linked artboards, we recommend Sketch's official documentation.
- If you don't have the Sketch plugin, download it here. If you do have it, make sure to update the plugin to the latest version in Sketch.
- Upload artboards from Sketch with the Gallery Plugin. This will automatically upload any prototyping data into Gallery for those specific artboards, which will be available for any viewer. (Only the editor uploading the artboard needs to use Sketch.)
View your prototype in Gallery
Once your artboards are uploaded to Gallery from Sketch, your prototypes will be available.
Opening a prototype
Click Open Prototype on the collection page or the Present button in the top bar on the file page. The Open Prototype button will only be present for a collection that contains prototyping data.
If you click an area of the screen that is not a hotspot, a yellow clickable area will flash. If you click an area that is a hotspot, you will be taken to the linked file.
Turning on and off hotspot previews
While viewing a prototype, hover over the bottom center of the screen to reveal the prototyping menu. Clicking on the eye icon will open a menu with 2 options:
- Selecting Show hotspots on missed click will highlight the clickable areas within your prototype after clicking an area of the screen not containing a hotspot.
- Selecting Always hide hotspots will not highlight clickable areas within your prototype after clicking an area of the screen not containing a hotspot.
Restarting a prototype
While viewing a prototype, hover over the bottom center of the screen to reveal prototyping menu items. Clicking on the restart icon will restart the prototype from the starting file.