Gallery makes it easy to track feedback from your entire team. All users with access to a project can leave feedback on designs by adding comments or annotations. Comment threads and annotations help keep conversations focused.
- Comment threads
- Annotations for visual feedback
- Integration with Google Contacts for +mentions
- Archivable comments
Track new comments
A notification is sent any time a new comment is made. Users must subscribe to notifications for all new comments and replies in Gallery to receive updates.
To indicate that a project has new comments, the Comment button has a yellow dot in the top-right corner.
Mention specific users in a comment
You can use @ or + sign to mention people in comments and send them a notification. Mentions also work with Google Group aliases.
- In the comments field, type @[user email] or @[Google Group alias].
- Click "Allow access" to allow access to your Google contacts if it is your first time inviting a user.
- Pick the correct user from the dropdown list.
- Save the comment.
Resolved comments are saved at the bottom of the comments panel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the comments list.
- Click the dropdown menu in the resolved comments list.
- Click Reopen.
Add comments while you present a project
You can use keyboard shortcuts to toggle the comment panel open while using presentation mode.
- Enter presentation mode to view mocks in full screen.
- Click the keyboard shortcut C to open the comment panel.
Add emojis to comments
Give context to comments with annotations
To provide context for your feedback, you can comment directly on a design. Annotation comments are listed inline with other comments.
Add annotations to a mock
- Click Comment to open the comments view.
- Click the Highlight area button inside the Add Comment field.
- Click and drag the cursor on your mock to create a bounding box.
- Write a comment.
- Click Save.
Match feedback to annotations
When you hover over a piece of feedback with a number badge on the commenter's avatar, the matching annotation will be highlighted on the design.
Hide annotation boxes
Edit or resize annotations
You can delete or edit the highlight area of annotations.
- Find the corresponding comment in the comment panel.
- Hover over the top-right corner of the comment to reveal the menu .
- Click Edit.
- Click the Highlight area button.
- Drag the cursor on the mock to create a new highlight area.
- Click Save.