View the distance between two layers
Measuring the distance between two edges requires an extra step to select where the measurement should start.
- Hover over a layer and click anywhere to select it.
- Using the same layer, click the edge of the layer where the measurement should start. The selection line will appear thicker after the second click.
- Move the cursor to a different layer. The measurement will change instantly based on where the cursor is placed.
View the dimensions of a layer
While viewing your artboard in Inspect Mode, click on any layer on your artboard. Two things will appear:
- The dimensions will appear as an overlay on the image
- The layer properties will populate in the Inspect Panel
The unit measurements in Gallery are tied to the device type that is selected in the Inspect Panel.
- In the top right corner of the Inspect Panel, click the context selector dropdown menu .
- Click the context selector that matches the desired unit measurement.
View typography details
Click on a layer that contains text to view Typography details in the Inspect Panel. Fields will include:
- Line Spacing
- Character Spacing
- Horizontal Alignment
- Vertical Alignment
Display HEX, RGB, and other color values in the color field
Click on the color palette to switch from HEX to RGB values and other options.