You can visualize and understand multiple data points together on a map by importing spreadsheets. This article covers the scenario where you have a geo-located data set that you’d like to see on the map.
For Maps Engine Lite, you can upload up to 100 points per layer (15 columns maximum). For Maps Engine Pro, you can upload up to 2,000 points/rows.
- Make sure the correct layer is selected in the left panel. The selected layer will be blue on the left edge. You can only import into layers that are empty.
- Click Import. You can import CSV, TSV, or XLSX files, My Maps, or spreadsheets from Google Drive. KML import is not currently supported.
- Drag a file from your computer, select a Google Drive file or open a previous My Maps map.
- Click Choose a file to upload.
- Pick one or more columns that identify the location of the placemarks. For example, if a complete address was in a column titled “location” you’d select just that column. If you have one column with street address and another with the state, you’d need to select both columns.
- Click Continue.
- Pick a single column to label the placemarks on the map, then click Finish.
Note: You can only import one type of data file per layer.