Adding new users and groups
Google Maps Engine users require a Google account for login. In addition, within Maps Engine, each user is assigned one of the following roles:
- Administrators have access to all data, layers, and maps in Google Maps Engine. They can view, create, edit, and delete any asset.
- Creators can perform the following tasks:
- Upload data sources (images, terrain, vectors, kml) to the account/project.
- Create new maps, layers, and mosaics in the account.
- View all assets shared with them.
- Edit all assets they have created and all assets that have been uploaded by other users and shared with them with write privileges.
- Delete assets that they themselves have created or uploaded.
Administrators can follow these steps to add new users to Maps Engine:
- Sign in to Maps Engine with your Google account at https://mapsengine.google.com
- Click the Settings icon and select Manage users.
- Click the Add user button.
- In the Add new user dialog, type the following information:
- User details: Enter the complete email address of the new user. The email address can be either an individual user account or a group account. If a group is added as an administrator, all members of that group will have administrative rights. You can add only one email address at a time.
- Role: Select either Administrator or Creator from the drop-down list.
- Press Save to add the new user or group to Maps Engine.
Each project in an account can have a maximum of 20 administrators and two administrative groups.