Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Adding a new residential address to Google Maps
Hello.  A couple months ago I visited this forum and in looking through many threads found a way to request a residential address get added.  I went through that process, and got an email verification that it was received and was "In Review."  Well, we've moved in now a couple months later, and nothing has happened.  It's delaying almost every single delivery I get, sometimes never receiving the delivery at all.  Needless to say, I would really like to get this fixed on Google maps.

So, that said, I've seen others here give the information on this forum and have someone update the information very quickly, so while I don't love the idea of posting my address on a forum like this, I'm desperate, so let me know if that's the best way to do this.  This address is new (we just built the house), and is on a very sparse street (we are only one of two homes built).  Add to that the fact that there is an extremely similar street name one street over from us (102nd St as apposed to 102nd Way) that causes a great deal of confusion because Google maps automatically switches to 102nd Street when someone looks for our address on 102nd Way (which is our actual street).

So, bottom line, hopefully someone here can help me get this added properly.  I can provide my address and GPS coordinates if necessary.  Thank you.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (30)
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill Will,

What follows is a relatively new form to add/correct a residential address.  If you have tried it and it didn't work, post back.  If you haven't give it a try and let me know the result OK?

In the meantime, you can edit your original post now and remove all the personal info  (I got it, in case we need it to follow up.)

Here are instructions for adding your address to the Map. 

Scroll down towards the bottom for instructions for mobile devices.

*  *  *  INSTRUCTIONS FOR DESKTOP (Android and iOS) *  *  *

To add an address to the Map, please enter your address into the search bar of the Map. If your address doesn't show fully, remove any house numbers or apartment numbers and the marker should locate you in the middle of the road.

Click on "Send feedback" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, or click on the menu (3 horizontal lines top left of screen) and scroll down to "Send feedback".

Click on "Wrong Address" and complete the form (if you have an apartment number, please add it to line 2 of the form, and if your address has 3 lines, you will be given an option to add a third line). 

IMPORTANT: Do not abbreviate anything but spell everything out (Street, Road, Boulevard, North, Southeast etc). Google's algorithms will automatically abbreviate map data depending on where it is displayed, but it's essential that the full address be entered without any abbreviations.

Only make an entry on "Street address line 2" if you are entering an apartment or suite number.  In all cases uses the format of #3 (for an example of apartment number 3). Do not enter any text such as "Apt" or "Suite" or "Floor" -- as such an address (with text in Line 2) will not parse correctly in Google Search.

Should you be in a country using 3 lines for an address, after entering information in "Street address line 2" an option box will appear ("Add Line")  that you may click on for a third address line.

Next move the Map to the exact location of your address. You can change to Satellite view and change the zoom if needed. You need to make sure that the pin is directly over your house. 

Click on "Done" when you're happy that the marker is in the correct location.

Finally, click "Send" to submit this to Google Maps.

You will receive an email after submitting the edit request. It will say "Thank you for adding an address to Google Maps! The address is being reviewed. We'll let you know once the changes are published." 
Please KEEP this email as you might need it later if the edit is not approved after one month, or if it is incorrectly denied.

To check the status of your edit go to Your Contributions, then click on Edits.  You can then scroll down and see the current status of your edits.  If your report is still "Pending" after one month, or "Not Applied" please post again with a screenshot of the email, mentioned above, and we will advise the next step to take.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with any of this.

*  *  *  INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOBILE (Android and iOS) *  *  *

To add an address to Google Maps using your mobile, please enter the address in the search bar.

Swipe up the address information that appears at the bottom of your screen - you might have to move the screen up a few times, until you see "Report a problem".

Click on "Report a problem" and fill out the details on the screen and move the marker on the Map to the correct location, if necessary. 

You will receive an email after submitting the edit request. It will say "Thank you for adding an address to Google Maps! The address is being reviewed. We'll let you know once the changes are published." 
Please KEEP this email as you might need it later if the edit is not approved after one month, or if it is incorrectly denied.

To check the status of your edit go to Your Contributions, then click on Edits.  You can then scroll down and see the current status of your edits.  If your report is still "Pending" after one month, or "Not Applied" please post again with a screenshot of the email, mentioned above, and we will advise the next step.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill,

So here's an issue I see...  in your post you said your address is N XXXnd Way, however the GPS location you included displays XXXnd Way (no "North).

Compounding that, there is a N XXXnd Way in that city/town, at a diferent location.

Please advise.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes, I can help with all of that.  Thanks for the reply.  First, if it's not showing as N 102nd way at my location, it's a mistake in the street name.  I can show county records showing that it's N 102nd Way for both my lot and my neighbor's.  Also, N (and presumably S) 102nd Way exist in other places in the town, but not contiguously (in other words, if you go south from my location some distance, but before reaching Main Street (which is the divider between N and S addresses on a street), then that will also be N 102nd Way, albeit with smaller N numbers (i.e. getting closer to 0, or Main Street in this case).  So all of that is to say that our street (only two houses on our section of N 102nd Way) should be labeled as N 102nd Way.  To add to the confusion, just to the west of my street is a new neighborhood that has a street named N 102nd Street.  They are different streets, obviously, but also use the N moniker there because the addresses are north of Main Street also.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
OK, so before you can correct the house address, you need to submit an edit to correct the street name.  (which would explain the delay you've experienced thus far in getting  your address listed : (

Please refer to this Help Guide to correct the road name.  Spell EVERYTHING out -- no abbreviations.

Once the road name has been fixed, proceed with the change to the house number.

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Also, I think that's the process that I followed (the one you posted above) and got the confirmation.  I was very careful to make sure the address was correct, but I noticed in the confirmation that it changed it to 102nd Street (from 102nd Way that I entered), so that submission is probably useless.  See the attachment which is a screenshot of my confirmation email with the street number redacted.  I will certainly try the process again, but I'm not sure I'll get a different result.  Can you advise if I should do it again?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We posted at the same time, approximately.  I see your reply above and I will make the request for the street.  I can see this is going to take a while, unfortunately.  Thanks for the help thus far.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Bill,

I can see this is going to take a while, unfortunately.

I know there are some horror stories in the forum on how long edits take...   

they don't always take a long time.     'jus sayin
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Okay, I've submitted the street name change and got the "in review" email.  I'll post back after a while if I don't get an update.  Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello Bill,

To check the status of your edit go to Your Contributions, then click on Edits.  You can then scroll down and see the current status of your edits.  Unfortunately Google doesn't send you an email if your edit was Not Applied.

In your case, if the status shows Not Applied, please post a screenshot of that in this thread, and we can move it along as "wrongly denied".

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks, I've been checking the status.  It's still pending (along with my place addition from a couple months ago).  Any idea on when I should expect to see something change on this?  I feel so helpless to get this fixed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill,

It likely seems like an eternity -- but it's been 6 days since your edit submission.  I dunno if the US holiday weekend affects the timing of this or not -- as I don't know where in the world these human edits are made.

That said, changes to road names, in my experience happen in less than two weeks, although I don't 'wanna set your expectations based on my experience.  If the edit hasn't been applied after 30 days we can move it along (save that confirmation email).  Or, if it is denied, send a screenshot of the not applied status.

Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks. Sounds good. I'll keep checking.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have tried to add an address to maps with no success.  We had to name an alley in the city that was not previously named.  I have tried to update the location with no success.  We cannot get deliveries or have inspectors find the home! Help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi User,
Please, start your own thread and provide all the details of your address so you can get assistance specific to your matter.
If you do not know how to start your own new thread, please follow this link

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill,

I'm surprised this hasn't been changed by now -- perhaps the presence of other streets with the same name has slowed this edit...  In any event, I will take the next step to move this along, and will post back here when I have an update.  I will also include your street number and coordinates so it's all done at the same time.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill,

In putting this together to move it along, I noticed one thing not previously mentioned... the street sign that displays 102nd Way, rather than North 102nd Way.  That could be problematic in getting this verified, and likely explains why it hasn't already been approved.

Do you have anything to say about that (trying to get it changed, etc), or you mentioned county records in an earlier post.  Can  you link to them, or would you need to post them?

Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for your help.  So, the street sign I believe was put up by my neighbor (the only other house built on the street) when they first built their house a couple of years ago.  Not sure anyone is going to want to pay to have that replaced, but I can check into it.  

It's notable, I guess, that all streets in this area have a N/S or E/W designation.  It is very rare, and only within private communities most likely, that there wouldn't be a direction designation.  It's necessary because streets are on a grid here and usually continue many miles away even when not contiguous.  So as noted before, any north/south street will have an address that is either N or S from the meridian street (in this case "Main Street").

That said, here is a link to the Maricopa County Assessor's office website with the information for my parcel: [redacted link].  It clearly shows the property address at the top as xxxx N 102nd Way (with the "N").  If you click on that address, which is a link, it will take you to the maps/visualizations of that parcel (at which time you can zoom out, see information on other parcels, streets, etc.).  These are government parcel maps, so should be authoritative.  Notice that the county does not assign an actual street address until the owner has submitted for building permits, so most of the 8 lots on my street will not show addresses...just the one north of me which was already built, mine, and the one south of me who just received building permits to start building (she inherited an E Brown Road address from before the lots were subdivided, but she's changed it to a N 102nd Way address and got it approved, but it's not depicted in the county records yet) .  The street (North 102nd Way) is on the extreme east side of my parcel (it is an easement that runs north south between the 8 lots...four on the west side, and four on the east side.  Mine is on the West side of the street, so the easement for the road is on the east side of my lot.  The road is very short on this section...going only from E Brown Road north to the south part of the two northern-most lots to serve those 8 lots.  But, a mile or more south of us, there are other sections of North and South 102nd Way that have existed much longer than our little section...but will have smaller number N addresses, or S addresses (south of Main Street).  Sorry to get so detailed, but hoping that helps.  There is no street in the area that is called 102nd Way...it will always have either a North or South designation.  

Thanks for the help...would be happy to provide anything else that might help.  Let me know.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill,

That should do it!  ; )

If you want to edit your post to remove links and any other personal information, please do so, as I have what I need.

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Okay, as to the sign on the road, I've looked around (and you can too on Street View), and no other street signs that I've seen in this area include the North, East, West, or South designations.  This is understood based on where the street is in relation to the meridian roads.  Even the city of Mesa sourced (green) signs to the west of my street (for example, 102nd Street) doesn't include an "N", but the street is definitely N 102nd Street, and is reflected as such in the addresses shown on Google maps as well as the labels on the streets in Google Maps, so I don't think that sign is a disqualifier since that's how all the other signs here are.  Please advise...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Bill,

As I said in my last reply "That should do it!  ; )"  

You provided a very reasonable explanation of the existing street sign, as well as an authoritative source for the situs address.  I'm confident this will be added quickly -- along with your house  number!  (Although I don't 'wanna put the Announcer's Curse on it ; )

Further to deletion/redaction, you could delete the last and detailed paragraph if you wish.  I have the email copy.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello Bill,

I have escalated this to the Map Team to have the road name changed and your house number added.

I will post back when I receive notification from them.

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Jeffrey Wolcott,

Please create your own new post, so that your issue can be given the attention it deserves in a separate post without any confusion to this existing thread, and the responses to this user's issue(s).

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic