Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
Why is the comments field when printing Google maps no longer printing?
Normally, when I print a map, I can add comments at the top of the map before I print. It normally allows me to add as many lines as I need and then I usually select the text and type Ctrl B to make it bold. This field would then print above the map. Suddenly, last Friday it not only stopped allowing me to add multiple lines of text and then bold them, but even with only one line of text, when I press print, no comments show up. They just disappear. Anyone know what may have caused this change?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (116)
Relevant Answer
Hi there,

Just to clarify, are you trying to print your Google Maps screen or a custom Google My Map?

If you're referring to Google Maps, then yes, it appears that comments that are entered in the "You can enter your notes here" text box are not shown when the print button is pressed:

I will try to escalate this to ask if this change is intentional.

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi! Thanks for you reply. I am trying to print the screen in regular Google Maps not in My Maps. It was working as I described in the op but suddenly and inexplicably stopped. If one right-clicks to print or keystrokes Ctrl-P to print, the print window has a field to add a comment. This field still appears but now it won’t print even just the one line it allows me to enter. 

I don’t know if this sudden change is on the Google side or a local network issue. I checked with my IT department but they do t have an answer for me yet.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same issue here. I am told by my users that was working correctly on Friday 11/20/2020, but not exactly sure when it stopped working. We are using the regular Maps window, not My Maps, and doesn't seem to matter which browser, the notes just aren't on the printed map.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
As a result of the same issue I have had to use Bing Maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I believe Google have made some changes (perhaps even inadvertently) . I've tried different computers with the same results so it's clearly not at our end.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here, very annoyed as I make directions for my employees everyday remotely and the notes section is critical. Will look into a different map service, sure would love to hear from Google on this issue!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same thing. Notes do not print. What has changed. Also Maps should print the address PLUS the city and zip and then have the capability to print all that info. AND why don't you have a BIG print ICON on the top of the page so we don't have to right click and waste time. EVERYONE prints the map. Add this ICON please. Lorraine Stevenski
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Tried multiple machines, multiple users, multiple browsers... Moral of the story: can no longer print notes. Please notify us if/when this will resolved. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I use Google maps to see my home-bound patients and it is very important to print additional data / info with the directions. Hope this issue will be fixed fast
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am also having this issue. I printed (and saved) a Map on Nov. 18th, 2020 and it shows the notes. There has been some sort of change at some point since then.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. This needs to be fixed!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here... noticed it when I tried to hit return and nothing.  Then I thought I got around it by entering everything on 1 line, but then when I went to print, even that doesn't show up!  Google, please fix ASAP, we all print these things WITH NOTES, in our paperless world! And I second the PRINT button, make our lives easier, please! Thx!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have been having the same issue - notes no longer show up on the print preview screen nor do they show up when I print a direction sheet. It is very critical for me to have this feature so that I can provide additional notes for employees that are being sent out on jobs. I have since had to resort to using Mapquest. Google, please resolve this issue as soon as possible.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Has there been a repair for this yet?? This is very inconvenient.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Very inconvenient. I've tried everything I could think of in the settings and nothing is working at all. please fix! :(
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just asked Google help center if they took it out completely or a possible workaround. Hopefully, they respond soon
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've also been struggling with this. I print maps daily for our delivery drivers, and often paste blow-ups of important intersections or other pictures into the notes section. I would expect applications like this to become more intuitive rather than taking steps backwards in their usefulness.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue. It started 7 days ago.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue with this, I use google maps daily. I always use the notes section of the map it stopped working for me on 11/20/20. I tried using it on other computers and it is the same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Experiencing the same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. It's really causing a problem and I am having to use a different map service now, which is really inconvenient.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue. Can no longer print the 'notes' section when looking up directions. We use this for medical mileage verifications. This is an important feature that we need back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same exact problem. Clearly Google has no interest in resolving this issue.
Thanks for suggesting we use Bing maps, I think I will use Bing maps too from now on
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, very disappointed with Google that this hasn't gotten fixed. Another one off to using Bing Maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue, you can type in the note, but the note does not print.  You also used to be able to have more than one line in the notes field; however, it now limits you to the one line.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
SAME ISSUE! Very sad to have to quit using Google Maps was my favorite and only maps service. Moving over to Bing per your guys recommendation.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I didn't even consider Bing maps. Thanks for the suggestion!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have also noticed now that when you are looking for an address and the road is the only thing that comes up it use to put a marker there marking the road, now it doesn't.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
HAS ANYONE GOTTEN AN UPDATE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue with maps not printing out notes I've added to the printed map. Our company uses this feature daily and printed notes on Google Maps was very helpful. Please fix this issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Any response from Google, yet?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We're also looking for a solution to this issue. Does this feature work with Bing?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I use this feature quite often and now that it no longer works properly, I screenshot the map with my notes in place, then paste it into the Paint app and print it from there.  The notes do show when you do it that way, although it adds a few extra steps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same problem here, is there any information on when/if this is going to be fixed?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I must have the NOTES printed on the maps and am troubled this is no longer printing. My job depends on this inclusion!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
please fix this fiasco...  i can no longer use google maps for work if this is the new normal.  put the notes back!  :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Among others i have same failure, needs to be fixed!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. I use the notes section for my delivery drivers to give them info on what products they are taking and to whom. Really need this feature back up and running.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We have the same problem, and it is causing the same issues. The first time it wasn't caught till the driver was at the jobsite without a site contact to call for arrival instructions. We too will be looking at Bing Maps, or Mapquest in order to resolve.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same issue. It would be nice to get that back.  It was a very helpful feature.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue.  Google please respond.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good jobs πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic