Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
Why is the comments field when printing Google maps no longer printing?
Normally, when I print a map, I can add comments at the top of the map before I print. It normally allows me to add as many lines as I need and then I usually select the text and type Ctrl B to make it bold. This field would then print above the map. Suddenly, last Friday it not only stopped allowing me to add multiple lines of text and then bold them, but even with only one line of text, when I press print, no comments show up. They just disappear. Anyone know what may have caused this change?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (116)
Relevant Answer
Hi there,

Just to clarify, are you trying to print your Google Maps screen or a custom Google My Map?

If you're referring to Google Maps, then yes, it appears that comments that are entered in the "You can enter your notes here" text box are not shown when the print button is pressed:

I will try to escalate this to ask if this change is intentional.

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi! Thanks for you reply. I am trying to print the screen in regular Google Maps not in My Maps. It was working as I described in the op but suddenly and inexplicably stopped. If one right-clicks to print or keystrokes Ctrl-P to print, the print window has a field to add a comment. This field still appears but now it won’t print even just the one line it allows me to enter. 

I don’t know if this sudden change is on the Google side or a local network issue. I checked with my IT department but they do t have an answer for me yet.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same issue here. I am told by my users that was working correctly on Friday 11/20/2020, but not exactly sure when it stopped working. We are using the regular Maps window, not My Maps, and doesn't seem to matter which browser, the notes just aren't on the printed map.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
As a result of the same issue I have had to use Bing Maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I believe Google have made some changes (perhaps even inadvertently) . I've tried different computers with the same results so it's clearly not at our end.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here, very annoyed as I make directions for my employees everyday remotely and the notes section is critical. Will look into a different map service, sure would love to hear from Google on this issue!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same thing. Notes do not print. What has changed. Also Maps should print the address PLUS the city and zip and then have the capability to print all that info. AND why don't you have a BIG print ICON on the top of the page so we don't have to right click and waste time. EVERYONE prints the map. Add this ICON please. Lorraine Stevenski
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Tried multiple machines, multiple users, multiple browsers... Moral of the story: can no longer print notes. Please notify us if/when this will resolved. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I use Google maps to see my home-bound patients and it is very important to print additional data / info with the directions. Hope this issue will be fixed fast
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am also having this issue. I printed (and saved) a Map on Nov. 18th, 2020 and it shows the notes. There has been some sort of change at some point since then.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. This needs to be fixed!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here... noticed it when I tried to hit return and nothing.  Then I thought I got around it by entering everything on 1 line, but then when I went to print, even that doesn't show up!  Google, please fix ASAP, we all print these things WITH NOTES, in our paperless world! And I second the PRINT button, make our lives easier, please! Thx!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have been having the same issue - notes no longer show up on the print preview screen nor do they show up when I print a direction sheet. It is very critical for me to have this feature so that I can provide additional notes for employees that are being sent out on jobs. I have since had to resort to using Mapquest. Google, please resolve this issue as soon as possible.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Has there been a repair for this yet?? This is very inconvenient.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Very inconvenient. I've tried everything I could think of in the settings and nothing is working at all. please fix! :(
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just asked Google help center if they took it out completely or a possible workaround. Hopefully, they respond soon
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've also been struggling with this. I print maps daily for our delivery drivers, and often paste blow-ups of important intersections or other pictures into the notes section. I would expect applications like this to become more intuitive rather than taking steps backwards in their usefulness.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue. It started 7 days ago.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue with this, I use google maps daily. I always use the notes section of the map it stopped working for me on 11/20/20. I tried using it on other computers and it is the same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Experiencing the same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. It's really causing a problem and I am having to use a different map service now, which is really inconvenient.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue. Can no longer print the 'notes' section when looking up directions. We use this for medical mileage verifications. This is an important feature that we need back.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same exact problem. Clearly Google has no interest in resolving this issue.
Thanks for suggesting we use Bing maps, I think I will use Bing maps too from now on
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, very disappointed with Google that this hasn't gotten fixed. Another one off to using Bing Maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue, you can type in the note, but the note does not print.  You also used to be able to have more than one line in the notes field; however, it now limits you to the one line.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
SAME ISSUE! Very sad to have to quit using Google Maps was my favorite and only maps service. Moving over to Bing per your guys recommendation.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I didn't even consider Bing maps. Thanks for the suggestion!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have also noticed now that when you are looking for an address and the road is the only thing that comes up it use to put a marker there marking the road, now it doesn't.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
HAS ANYONE GOTTEN AN UPDATE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue with maps not printing out notes I've added to the printed map. Our company uses this feature daily and printed notes on Google Maps was very helpful. Please fix this issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Any response from Google, yet?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We're also looking for a solution to this issue. Does this feature work with Bing?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I use this feature quite often and now that it no longer works properly, I screenshot the map with my notes in place, then paste it into the Paint app and print it from there.  The notes do show when you do it that way, although it adds a few extra steps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same problem here, is there any information on when/if this is going to be fixed?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I must have the NOTES printed on the maps and am troubled this is no longer printing. My job depends on this inclusion!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
please fix this fiasco...  i can no longer use google maps for work if this is the new normal.  put the notes back!  :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Among others i have same failure, needs to be fixed!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. I use the notes section for my delivery drivers to give them info on what products they are taking and to whom. Really need this feature back up and running.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We have the same problem, and it is causing the same issues. The first time it wasn't caught till the driver was at the jobsite without a site contact to call for arrival instructions. We too will be looking at Bing Maps, or Mapquest in order to resolve.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same issue. It would be nice to get that back.  It was a very helpful feature.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue.  Google please respond.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Note;   Until  Google Maps gets a fix for this you can use Windows screen print as a work around.   
1)  put your comment at the top of the Google Map and be sure the panel is your current panel
2) press Alt/PrtSc  (this copies the current panel to the clip board)
3) open the ms paint utility 
4) use ctrl-v  to copy the google map (from the clip board) into ms paint
5) print the ms paint  content.
YES this is a pain in the neck.   But, it is better than nothing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue.  For business I really need to be able print the notes and make them bold when printing the directions page. Is there any update when this will fixed? 
Thank you
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Do we have a timeframe on when this will be fixed, I really need that option for my business
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It is now January 6th.  I am also using Bing maps.   I tried Mapquest, but that was useless as it did not print address or travel time.  I would love to return to Google maps, but I am impressed enough with Bing to consider continuing to use it.  When I zoom a map, it remembers that level of zoom for each map (which is usually what I use for a typical series of maps).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still having the same issue. Jan 11, 2020. Any thoughts?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm still having this problem as well.  We need a  fix here!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
01/15/2021 Still having this problem. Looking for a solution.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When is this going to be fixed?  It's been broken for a long time.  Mapquest is layed out terribly but I'm getting so used to it why come back to google if this doesn't get fixed soon?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This still seems to be an issue. I will have to try another map program as well.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Any known fix yet of why notes are still not printing?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still not working I now have to use Bling Maps
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue with Google Maps not printing my comments.  I use this for a Business and very sad this is not printing anymore.  I may have to look into Bing Maps as well to print the comments.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is there any solution to this fix? I still am not able to see notes that I have typed up when printing Google Maps. Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still not working. C'mon Google, you can do better than this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
come on Google you have been notified of this issue back in November.  When are you going to fix it?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This still isn't working for me either
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Sooooooo it's still not fixed yet........ since Nov 2020....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This was definitely a feature that worked before, for anyone who thinks otherwise. I have printouts from october to prove it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
SAME HERE, NO FIX. GOOGLE WAKE UP AND FIX THIS PLEASE?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This problem needs to be fixed stat!  I need to be able to print out note on my maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Holy f*** this should take one developer a day to figure out, not 3 months. Send me a link to your source code and I'll fix or a at least patch the problem... Unbelievable 😠
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Well, it's 2/21/21. When is going to be fixed.  This is a Google tool, right? Google get your act together.  This should be an easy fix.  It worked for years. Figure out what you changed and changed it back so it works again!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm sure Google has no intention of repairing this problem.  I was forced to MapQuest and Bing Maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This situation is ridiculous. Go back to work people!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Well I was bored one night and took me a 10 minutes to find the problem and about an hour to make a browser extension to correct it. For anyone who cares to use it my extension can be found at github with a simple set of installation instructions.

For google developers the problem is very simple. All you need to do is remove 'widget-print-notes-empty' class from the input field once a user has added text.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This issue is still not fixed... I just want to enter notes for a trip that used to print on the "text only" option... and I get nothing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just noticed this issue as well.  I print to pdf, so I didn't notice that the Comment/Note was not printing until I just today reviewed one of my maps.  I use it to track business mileage, but now it is a lot less functional for me, not to mention that I have to go back several months to amend previous print jobs.  Please advise if/when a fix is implemented.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please fix this! Same as previous posters I had been documenting trips and expenses on the note line and saving to PDF only to see today that the notes are gone! Add insult to injury, the paper notes that contain the info have already been recycled! Very frustrating (I have harsher words but I'll swallow those.)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue!  I need to have that Notes line printed.  Please Google, fix this.

Update:  Until this is fixed, I'm using Bing Maps.  Bing prints the notes!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Helloooo. This has been going on for over 6 months now! Still not solved.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This issue still hasn't been resolved! I hate to switch to another mapping system. When will this handled? I need these notes included on the maps for employee pay & expenses. Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. When will Google fix this? I need to write comments as I have to check documents every month. Writing the notes after printing has been tiring. Hope Google can resolve this matter as soon as possible.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are having the same issue, and using Google Maps has been certified as the only source to report and record business related trips. This feature is necessary for state approved travel. Current workaround is to print off a second sheet with description of travel for approval. Previously, we could print the map and description right to PDF and submit without paper. Now we have to print the map, write the description, scan the map with the written description, email the newly scanned PDF and throw the paper away.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
still no solution for this issue ?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
At this point I don't Google cares enough to fix this issue. It's been months since this happened
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still doesn't print for me.  My QA team wouldn't let this be released to production without a fix.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This should of been fixed already!  I would like to write notes on my maps, since it doesn't print out the city with the address, and I also like to print out instructions on the map.  This has been going on for over 9 months, which is way, way too long.  Please fix this STAT!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please get this fixed. I use this for work and it is very inconvenient to not have the notes area working. It can't possibly be that difficult to get it fixed when it literally was working 6 months ago.  AND the notes area is still on there, just fix it so it shows up when we print!!!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does Google have any intention of getting this fixed? It's been too long, we need it for work.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still can't type anything in the notes/comments before printing, is this ever going to be fixed!!! :(
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Do we have an ETA on this? Why would you remove this ability in the first place?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I will echo the question about an ETA for a fix of this bug. Printing notes on top of maps is an important tool for me. When can we expect a fix?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When can we expect a fix for this issue? This is a very important function for my job!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is someone coming up with a solution for this? It is very inconvenient. I need to be able to print these notes along with direction sheets for my job.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
BEEN MONTHS NOW - PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!
As we return to office after covid and print directions for executives/staff, we need our notes/comments to be included with the map directions - ie GATE ENTRY CODES, CONTACT NAMES, PH NUMBERS, etc.  For some reason since NOV2020 (that was SEVEN months ago) the notes/comments disappear when you hit "print" button.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please fix this issue! It has been well over 6 months! We used this function everyday at my job. How could this just stop working when it was perfectly fine before?!?!?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This issue is very aggravating and someone brought it up on 11/24/20 and it still isn't fixed??!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just tried printing a map today and want the notes to be included. Why do they have a spot to put your notes if they won't print? That's the whole point of why they would be helpful. Please fix this!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still having the same issue after a year. Please bring it back! We use the notes for business purposes when sharing travel costs with purchasing departments!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google Maps no longer prints the comments section in the header of the maps. Yes, this is standard Google Maps print function. 7/20/21. Going over to Bing
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When are you going to fix this issue????? It hasn't been working for well over 6 months. I use the maps notes section for my job. Please fix it!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I guess their hopping the problem will go away if they keep their head in the sand. Good grief. I'm surprised and disappointed. Not even an explanation
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello there, thanks for your interest in this section. We are getting problems & some issues in this section. Ass soon as possible, we will fix it.
Thank you so much! Have a good day.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue I need working Google please fix this
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why is the comments field when printing Google maps no longer appear?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Also, WE KEEP GETTING THE SAME "FORM" RESPONSE FROM A GOOGLE REP!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It's been months... Any word yet, Google?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is pretty lousy!  I just printed/saved a number of maps to realize all my notes were for naught!  

Tech developers   - you are disappointing/frustrating users.  Putting in features no one wants and making the useful bits disappear!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It is now 15th September 2021 and it still isn't working at all
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
How is this not fixed yet?!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
STILL not printing on 9/27/21 :( Having to use a different mapping app. Ugh.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi all,

From what I'm told, this issue should now be resolved from Chrome version 94.

It appears that this is working for me now, as I am able to print the map with notes on it, as you can see below:

I'm running Chrome Version 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (x86_64) on a MacBook Pro.

Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for the update but not working in firefox
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
What's your query
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you - it's now printing my notes :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It worked for me today as well! Thanks!
marked this as an answer