Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
Saved Places Disappeared
Hi everyone,

As of this morning about 90% of my saved places disappeared from my map, from restaurants to shops to important work locations. I searched online for various solutions but none so far have worked. Could anyone please help? I have over 200 locations saved across the US and the world collected over the course of a 5 years and it would be a bit heartbreaking to lose all of that information. Please and thank you!
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. How can I fix it? I was planning my holidays and had saved all the places in Google Maps!
marked this as an answer
All Replies (415)
Relevant Answer
hello nikolai,

welcome to the google maps community forum!

i suspect the data is still there, just not displayed in the google maps app.

try using a web browser on a desktop computer to check.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue. About a dozen of my saved maps that were in "your places" have entirely disappeared!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If you created maps in My Maps, you can see your 5 most recent maps in Google Maps. To see your maps, follow the steps below. If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you can't view your My Maps in Google Maps. This is what I see in google support. Why? Why only the 5 most recent maps? Since when did this change?? What is Lite mode?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Send me voice and messages
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi yaz,

appears yours is a different problem from that in this discussion thread.

would be best if you create a new discussion thread so that your specific problem can get full attention without being intertwined with this one.

you can create a new discussion thread here - https://support.google.com/maps/thread/new?hl=en

to check for all of your maps, please visit https://www.google.com/maps/d/

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
having same issue over here. all my saved places in lists are gone. tried on mobile and on desktop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Nikolai,

The same thing was happening to me with saved places and offline maps were disappearing. Just figured it out: I have two Google (G Suite) accounts and was signed into the wrong account. My data reappeared when I toggled back to the account where I saved everything. Whew!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi all - I have the same issue. My thousands of saved places across 50+ cities globally have disappeared from my iPhone Google Maps app, but still appear on my Google desktop. 

I've reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, switched between accounts, turned off transit / satellite / etc. add-ons, but nothing works.

It seems like many folks have this problem. @GoogleMaps is there something you can do to fix it? Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I hope theirs a fix soon. I’m a sales guy and I have all my customers address on a map. Need a fix ASAP!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Very strange that you have to zoom in very close to the location then you will see all of your save places.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same as above, all my places are visible on the website but not on the app when using my iPhone - although you can still see the list in the legend, just not on the map. Has anyone managed to fix this on their iPhone?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello e b,

or to google my maps? https://www.google.com/maps/d

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google my maps
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi e b,

i believe no fix yet for the google my maps problem on ios.

if you need something to work with on the go for the moment, you can try this - https://support.google.com/maps/thread/70783501?hl=en&msgid=72948178

you might also like to keep an eye on that discussion thread.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Most of my saved places are no longer displayed in the iPhone app, but (luckily) they are still displayed in the desktop map. Looking forward to a fix!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here....saved points show up on desktop but not on iPhone....approx 75 points with information stored on each for work. Very frustrating! Please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello matt,

please see following for some possible work-arounds.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,

Same thing has happened to my Google maps, all saved lists have disappeared. When will this be fixed? It's nearly a month now since the original post on this - surely Google can't take this long to fix it?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just followed one of the suggestions above because I too have two google accounts. I signed out of both and then signed back in to the one I apparently hadn't been signed in to and my map locations were restored. It doesn't seem to matter which account I'm signed in to: I can still access mail in both accounts.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Okay this seems to be a problem with Google Maps updates. This is what I did. Go into the Google app and into collections. In there you will find what you saved on Google Maps and other Google services as well. Go to a Google maps location saved there that is in collections and click on it. It will bring up Google Maps and you will see the destination and Route on the map. Now go in to save locations in Google maps and you should see everything back there again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I’m experiencing a slightly different issue.  854 saved places showing on my iPad, but my iPhone only reports there being 814.  Also, the Google app doesn’t show me the entire Starred category, only collections for Destinations, Want to go, and Favorites... but no Starred.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My problem is actually that my saved places on my phone are fine. For some reason on the desktop I cannot see them. I click Your Places and Saved. I click one of mine that are saved. It will say at the top for example, 9 places, but underneath it says the list is empty. If I add a place and it saves that place also disappears and it only says list is empty. I'm not sure how to fix or what caused this. I tried logging out and back in and also trying another computer. Same results.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Saved Places list is now empty. It says there are 38 places shared. But, the list itself is empty. The "pinned" places show on the map. But, they disappeared from the list along with notes for each of those places. Any way to get them back? It is the same on Chrome and Firefox on PC and MAC desktops.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
On my desktop: All my saved lists say the list is empty, although on the top, it says there are several places saved.  I tried looking at my saved lists on my android phone: Lists are there, and i can see the places saved.. So, seems like the problem is only when using googlemaps on my desktop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm seeing similar behavior as Gabriel.  All the saved lists show as empty when I try viewing them via Chrome on my PC.  The details in the lists are available when I view them in the iOS Google Maps app, however.   Google:  What's the timeline on an expected fix?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem here. List is empty on desktop, but able to see on android app.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm facing the same issue. I hope there is a fix soon
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Mine have also disappeared. Whats Maps problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here! More than 5 years of travels and places visited. Please help
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
OMG, your method works!!!! everyone, please try this! 

Thank you Mr. Richard H. 3574, thank you!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, unfortunately, in my iPhone app, all my places disappear except stars,  favorites, and want to disappear. 

Help, please.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Lost my iPhone I can't seem to locate it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I had 300+ saved restaurants hosted on a company server that was recently turned off and after learning about these saved locations, the admin has turned my account back on to try and recover these.  My saved locations are no longer present on my Google Maps account associated with the email, is there any hope in recovering these?  I appreciate your help @cfanatic.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello justin,

the google maps saved places were stored on a non-google server?

the relevant google account is/was a gsuite/workspace account?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello. 
Did you check the account you signed on is correct? My problem was this.. I have signed up on pro account with only 5 saved places. Good luck
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
the google maps saved places were stored on a non-google server? YES

the relevant google account is/was a gsuite/workspace account? YES
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi justin,

i would like to make sure i understand this correctly.

could you please post some screenshots to illustrate where these saved places were accessed from, and would have shown up if still present?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi. I was just wondering if I can access places visited once they were deleted?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello jody,

could you please provide more specific details about what you would like assistance with?

where would these places that you refer to be deleted from?

the more details you can provide, the more likely we would be able to help.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My name is Lisa my account has been hacked or accessed by Edward Newell.who came to u as Justin in a question.i need information about this
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello lisa,

could you please provide more specific details about what you would like assistance with?

what specific information are you looking for? what makes you believe you have been hacked?

the more details you can provide, the more likely we would be able to help.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I need to know how where what and why. What can I or how do I report this and get information or all data.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi lisa,

you will have to provide more information than that for anyone to be able to help.

what exactly has happened? simply saying you have been hacked does not offer enough detail for us to help.

what specifically about the how, where, what, why do you need to know?

what exactly are you looking to report?

what information and data exactly are you looking to get?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
A couple days ago, I started having the same problem on my phone (Samsung S10 FE ). 

On the Google Maps app, none of my Saved or Starred locations appear, and when I open up the menu to view / enable them, it says there are 0 locations in every category. 

However, the data still exists - I can see everything correctly from a computer. 

I suspect there was a problem with a recent update to Google maps. Hopefully another update fixes it soon!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes, I can. After looking at it I see it's been fixed. This screenshot shows you what it should look like, before it didn't list any of the pinned locations, didn't show any pins on the maps, and said something like, "there are no locations listed, click + to add a location" BUT it still said there were 39 "places" under the title.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I still have the same problem. In the Google Maps app on my iPhone I only see a fraction of all saved locations that I see in my desktop app (Google Maps on a web browser). See the two attached examples, one from my iPhone (showing only one saved location) and one from my desktop (showing around ten saved locations). Same Google account in both cases.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Update - I found a fix to my issue! 

My phone is synced to 2 different Google accounts (to keep personal photos, etc spare from work). 

Turned out that Google maps only displays pins and saved locations for 1 account at a time, and the "active" account wasn't my personal one. 

From the Maps app, click the round icon in the top right corner (should have your first initial in it). Once the menu opens, the active account will display at the top, and there is a drop down if you have multiple accounts. Select the correct account, and that should fix it (this is assuming you had the same issue as me).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Although on the top, it says there are several locations saved.  I tried looking at my saved lists on my android telephone linkhttps://support.google.com/maps/thread/80054962?hl=en: Lists are there, and i can see the locations stored.. So, seems like the trouble is simplest whilst the usage of googlemaps on my computer.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,

All of my saved and favorite places disappeared even from the desktop maps! please help.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi user 11205639983711921645,

could you please make sure you are logged into the right google account?

if you believe you are and the saved places still appear to be missing, could you please go to https://takeout.google.com , and download saved and maps (your places)?

please download as zip file, and unzip with microsft windows or apple mac os, or other suitable operating systems / applications.

you can use a web browser to view any html files, a text editor to view csv files, and json converter to convert json files to something suitable for viewing.

please see if all of your saved places are in those files. if they are, what you are experiencing is likely simply a display problem, and you may need to wait until the problem is resolved - the underlying data is still contained within your account and has not disappeared.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
In my experience, the data is there, just that the mobile platforms backend API only pulls 500.  If I delete the maps app and reinstall it will only sync 500.  I can add more stars, which will show the increasing total, 501, 502, etc. as the new stars get added to the backend and locally on the device.  So I know it’s not a limitation of the app itself.  Deleting the app and reinstalling it again will result in one batch of 500 being synced from the backend again.

APIs typically are limited in the records they return in one call, for performance reasons.  In this case it seems to be 500.  The mobile app is not repeatedly calling the API in a paging manner to get batches of 500 until it has them all... it seems to only get called once and stops.

Be nice if the devs would implement a paging cursor on this API call, as it’s my mobile device I need these stars on the most.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Save Places disappeared on my iPhone 11 pmax (works fine on website), problem got fixed with other user's suggestion,... but then, same issue happened again after I changed to new iPhone 12 pmax with iOS 14.2.1, the user's suggestion not working this time!! 

I've been using 1 google account only, and with most updated Google Maps App! What else can I do to fix this???

Seems users have been experiencing the same problem for years already, when will this issue got fixed???
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
And if they aren't all there? Looks like most of my saved/favorite places/lists i created from the past 3 or so years have been wiped. Interestingly, a review I left in that time frame is still populating in the data set.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My 1000s of saved places have disappeared as well. I am currently using my maps to travel and now everything is gone. What gives Google?!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello collin,

please read all of the posts above for ways to check what might be happening.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have tried the solution posted by Richard H. The data is clearly still attached to my account but nothing shows up on IOS google maps app for Want to Go. Please solve this ASAP!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi there - all my saved places have disappeared as well. Is this a bug that is affecting a whole bunch of accounts? I have tried logging out / back in again - but nothing's helping. 

Would appreciate any help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same aspect has passed off to my Google maps, all saved lists have disappeared. When will this be constant? It's almost a month now for the reason that original post on this - simply Google can't take this long to restoration it?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When trying to recover data that was saved but not accessible, signing out and signing back into Google Maps is a start. Then make sure both your operating system and Google Maps is up to date and ensure you're signing in on the original account where you saved your locations.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
How do you access collections as referenced by Richard H. 3574? Is that the same as starred places?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi all,

all of the data is likely still contained within your account.

few things i would suggest:

- make sure you are logged into the correct google account where all of the saved places are saved;

- check on both mobile app and desktop computer / web browser google maps. if you see the data in either, the data is still contained within the google account;

- for other ways to check whether the data is still contained within the google account, please read posts above, this one for a start - https://support.google.com/maps/thread/63693052?hl=en&msgid=84856749
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi, i had followed the instruction to download the files,
and sadly almost all the places i saved had gone. 
is there any way can help with this issue?
 please!!!!!!!!!!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello angela,

what makes you believe your saved places are not in the account?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi, because the export file I downloaded Shows have Only saved 4 place With label.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi angela, which parts/files did you download and check?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We know the data is still there ... it shows up on the web browser. Is there any update on when this will be back on the ios mobile app???
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am also having this issue! I am logged into the correct account, yet all my lists are missing on my iphone, and desktop - I have spent a lot of time creating these and would like to find them - I tried logging out, reinstalling the app, using google takeout to check files (not there).. please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello jonah,

i am not aware of any such updates.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi megan,

which parts/files of takeout did you check?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Where does one report a bug? Just want to make sure this is being worked on...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I used google takeout for maps and maps (your places) and this only captures my starred and labeled places, not my saved lists. It seems that my lists are sometimes appearing on my desktop now, but on phone are completely disappeared, and when I try to share to myself and re-open it on my phone says "can't find list the list's creator either deleted it or stopped sharing it", but it does open on my desktop
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
For some months places have disappeared from my timeline on a daily basis. Thought there had been a fix for this problem some months ago?  Whilst I can restore this information from a takeout only to find that other places will drop off the next day. This is a tedious way of keeping my records correct.
When is this going to be sorted please!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello user 14811874067289283596,

if timeline-related, yours is a different problem, not with saved places.

would be best if you create a new discussion thread so that your specific problem can get full attention without being intertwined with this one.

you can create a new discussion thread here - https://support.google.com/maps/thread/new?hl=en
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi megan, please read the relevant post again, carefully. you need to check other sections/files. i believe all the data you are looking for is there.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi jonah,

you could report it in this community forum, and/or send feedback - https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094045?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

please keep in mind - for a service of a scale like google maps, there are always going to be bugs.

not all bugs affect everyone, and many, like this one, do not appear to be widespread for now. i have checked with several people, none of them are experiencing the problem. i too am having no problem with saved places.

in my personal experience, this is a perpetual intermittent problem that comes and goes. i have experienced it before several times, but because it always gets fixed eventually, i have learnt to live with it.

not likely google are going to be working on every single reported bug, especially those that do not affect large numbers. when i say large, i mean millions.

also, even if google were to work on it, we are hardly ever informed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Apple Maps are supposedly better now. Google  won’t recognize the email and password I’ve used forever even after verifying it by text and email. Fail!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi dave,

merry christmas, and welcome to the google maps community forum!

if you are having difficulty logging into your google account, you can get help here - https://support.google.com/accounts/?hl=en#topic=3382296
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Your app is destroying marriages like mine n Kenny's,   so keep up hr fjked up shut fjk j
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
reporte all
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello kenny,

it is highly unlikely an app could do that by itself. but if true, my personal suggestion is to stop using the app immediately.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm confused I'm not quite sure exactly where you're talking about traveling I'm not sure I didn't even break up the marriage got to be some kind of misunderstanding.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi kenny, in a previous post, you stated, “your app is destroying marriages like mine .......”.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Wrong login. Oops. It’s all there. The issue is Google account login is default.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,

hundreds of places I saved for work throughout the years disappeared. I am using the right account and tried using google takeout, but the data it exported is only related to the labelled places and not the "want to go" ones, which are completely gone. What I'm most worried about is that, differently from what I read in similar threads, this doesn't change switching from app to desktop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello user 11088783243760889644,

which sections of takeout did you download?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, 

I selected Maps (also my places), My maps and Location history.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

did you have a look at saved?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,

Yes, I did. Unfortunately, the only places appearing are those who were saved on other lists (like the labeled list), whereas there's no trace of all of my "want to go" places.
If I search for one of the saved places on safari (not on the maps app), the place appears as "saved" in the preview, but if i try to reach the list from there, the message "list not found" appears. I'm very worried they might be lost for good.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

"if i search for one of the saved places on safari (not on the maps app), the place appears as "saved" in the preview, but if i try to reach the list from there, the message "list not found" appears."

this one particular saved place you searched for, which specific list was it saved to?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,

The place is supposed to be in the “want to go” list which i cannot access in any way. The list appears empty in the google maps app since yesterday.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

what do you see when you go to the "want to go" list from desktop / computer google maps via web browser?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, sorry for misinterpreting your previous question. The message says “unable to connect to google maps” from safari, whereas from desktop nothing shows (no places and message whatsoever). On the app the list appears empty.
Thank you for your support!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

could you please post screenshots to illustrate what it is you are seeing when you try to view the list contents from both mobile app and desktop / web browser google maps?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,

Sure! Picture 1 is from safari after I try to go into “your places”. Picture 2 is from the app. As you can see in picture 2, other lists are complete but my “want to go” list appears empty.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

what happens when you try to view the saved lists from a desktop / notebook computer?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, 

Unfortunately I can’t attach a screenshot but the white section where the list is supposed to appear on the left of the screen is completely blank (no message whatsoever), and the map is empty (it doesn’t feature the green flags corresponding to the places I had saved).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

could you please let us know why you are unable to attach a screenshot?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I don’t have my laptop with me. Can you please let me know if this problem can be solved in any way? Thank you!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

i do not know yet. i am still not sure what might be causing the problem, or what can be done to resolve it. troubleshooting is difficult without having the problem in front of me, and without enough information.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria, i do not see any screenshot.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, 

I am trying to include it in my reply, sorry for the inconvenience.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi valeria,

where are you trying to access your saved places from? home, work, or somewhere else? is the result the same regardless of where you are accessing google maps / saved places from?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately I can’t access the list no matter where I am. I tried switching from wifi to mobile data on my phone to see if it was due to a bad connection but nothing changed. 
Yesterday when I searched for a saved place I could see it flagged on the map (along with some other saved places in the same area) from my laptop, but as I tried to zoom in or out on the map they disappeared and also the “want to go” list wasn’t accessible anyway (even when a few flags were visible)!
I’m sorry if this is confusing but I’m trying to give you as much information as I can. 
Thank you!
marked this as an answer