/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
4/8/19
Is there a way to upload pictures to Street View from the PC instead of using the Street View app? 1 Recommended Answer 10 Replies 30 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
I was trying to upload some pictures to Street View, but the app crashed and aborted the upload.
Now I have to start all over again, and the upload process takes "forever".
Is there a way to upload from a PC so that I don't have to tie up my phone for hours at the time?

I appreciate the opportunity to upload "on the go", but when I'm in a remote area without any internet access, and taking hundreds of pictures, I would like the possibility to have a computer based solution.
That way I can start the upload before I go to bed, and hopefully it will be finished by the time I get up. :)
All Replies (10)
4/8/19
Hi Roy Baardsen, in the official page of SV products https://www.google.com/streetview/contacts-tools/products/ you can find some software you can use to publish your VT using Desktop.
I'm currently publishing gothru.co, but there are many others.
Some are free for a trial publish of some panoramic photos, some require a payment plan.
Your choice.
Last edited 4/8/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
4/8/19
Thanks for a prompt reply. :)
I was hoping for an offline solution, but I guess these are better than nothing.
On a side note, I think Google should provide some software solution free of charge. After all, we are putting in a great deal of free labour for them.
A simple FTP-kind of thing would suffice. (At least when you have geo-tagged images.)
I know that the app is free, but as I said, it's not very convenient when you have lots of pictures, and I plan on covering an entire small town on the countryside in Africa next year. They don't have any useful internet connection out there.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
4/8/19
Hi Roy, as SVT photographer since 2013 I can tell you that we have a free solution provided by Google, since 2016, when they decided to develop SV API instead and open to third party development.
I can tell you, after 3 years, that these new tools are powerful and more useful than the Google original tool.
Let me know if I can help you in some other way.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
4/8/19
Do you have a link to the original Google tool?
To upload pictures, I don't need all the "bells and whistles" of the more complex programs. (Not to mention the monthly fees)
When I have taken the pictures, all I do is geo-tag them and then they'r ready for upload.
(My Street View-rig: Mobile phone, "madv mini" 360 cam, selfie stick, phone holder, bluetooth remote trigger and 1m USB extension cable.  :)
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
8/23/19
Hi All 

I just go into my account google maps and load them from there NP I firstly make albums of the photos I have taken and Area Example (lime park)   when you go into your contribute section on Google maps they should appear on the left all the different places just high lite the photos you want to post and that's it including 360%
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic