Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
When printing directions from Maps, the map part now takes a full page. Why & how can I fix it?
When printing driving directions with the map, the map portion has always been the top half of the first page. Starting yesterday, the "map" part is taking up a full page, and it is not even the part with the route on it. It is printing a full page of the left-most portion of the map. I have been searching for any setting or option to fix this, but can't find anything. 
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (52)
Relevant Answer
Hi, dawnmg

Welcome to Google Maps Community Support Forum & thanks for your post.

However, to understand the exact problem, can you provide screenshots of how Maps was printing the route before & the changed format now?

----------

PS: In this peer support forum, volunteers answer the queries.
The volunteers are users of Google Maps like anyone & do not have any special privileges to make changes in Maps.

Google employees or representatives aren't reading the posts usually.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
A screenshot does not really show the issue, it looks the same "on screen" as it always did. The issue is only when printing. To better explain some of it - when you go to print directions with the map, it opens the map as a full screen, and the actual route is in the middle of the screen. With what it is doing now, the printout part is only giving the left part of the screen, so the route is off the right side of the page, so not in the printed section. 
Previously, when I would print the directions "with map", the image/map part took up less than half of the page, and the directions began right below it. Now, the map takes up an entire page, and the directions begin on page 2.
I did have a co-worker try to print a similar map yesterday and she got almost the same result, so it appears to be a more widespread issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,  dawnmg

Thanks for your reply

Can you use the option "Print to PDF" & then provide a link to that through Google Drive?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just ran into the same problem as well. First the header was on the first page, a zoomed in image of the map was on the second page, and the route options were on the third page. I was like, "What's going on here!" I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having this problem. And Print to PDF keeps the same image of the zoomed in map in the wrong location. Ugh!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ok, so...if I zoom out a little and move the map so that the route is on the left side of the screen, I can get it to print. But it is still super big and the rest of the text is on the next page. But it is better than nothing! :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,
This issue has been pointed out by a collegue of mine earlier this week I believe and was not problematic back in december. Here are two example files as per request to help diagnose. First link being the newer result when you try to print while 2nd link was a pdf file generated earlier for same location (I picked a file at random so yes it was much older but if I can find a file of last year it would be looking similar)

This occur with all printers, in portrait and landscape page orientation.
On my end this was done using Chrome browser and printing via Adobe PDF, Microsoft PDF, Canon printers and HP printers alike. They all stopped working at same time so I exclude a printer driver issue unless Windows 10 update changed something handling images in prints.
The preview on screen when printing show the same problem.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,  Proulxs

Thanks for your reply.

However, I couldn't replicate the issue.

I printed a driving direction just now. I used the Print to PDF option on my Windows 11 desktop. Then, I converted the file to jpg images.
Here are all five images.

The print preview & the final print were WYSIWYG.

Can you try once again?

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is what Print to PDF (not a PDF printer) show on my Chrome v97.0.4692.71 (x64) on Windows 10. I will try Windows 11 once back home tonight:

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Proulxs,

My map didn't cover three pages like that but just zoom in on one area. But did take up the whole page. 

Yes, something is going on with Google Maps (that's what I think anyway).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just discovered I am having the exact same problem. This really must have something to do with Google. I hope they fix it soon!!!
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic