Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Why don't google use state government mapping like vicplan to help update new subdivisions?
I have lodged various edit requests and nothing has been updated to include my new property. Land titled nearly 12 months ago.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (20)
Relevant Answer
hello terrie,

welcome to the google maps community forum!

"why don't google use state government mapping like vicplan to help update new subdivisions?"

it may or may not already do that, either directly or indirectly, but even if it did, there are likely licensing and other considerations that would result in delays.

"i have lodged various edit requests and nothing has been updated to include my new property."

could you please provide full details of the address and its correct location?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Whereis and Apple maps have the address on their sites. So I'm confused why the mapping system that most apps use doesn't get updated as quickly as the other systems. If you put 18 Bud Street Lara in Whereis it comes up as per the plan os Subdivision.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie,

different mapping / navigation services will do things differently, and have different types of benefits and problems.

whereis and apple maps may have your address mapped, but may not have others that google has mapped.

the map data itself is also not necessarily the only way to offer value. there are also computing algorithms and processes that 3rd party apps may call on that offer additional value.

it is a bit like the differences between mapping / navigation apps. all provide the same basic functionality, but yet people tend to have strong preferences for one over the others. certain unique features and functions of each tend to bring about these preferences.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie,

i have lodged various edit requests .....

which specific types have you submitted?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have used the missing address and missing road options and still no updates taken place.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie,

did you try wrong information?

the roads appear to be in place, just not named correctly.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have just done that. Will see if that works. Thanks for your help 😊
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie,

following the submission of the edit request, you would have received an acknowledgement email message from google.

could you please post a screenshot of the acknowledgement email message here, showing full details, including the date the edit request was made, which should be toward bottom of message? you might like to mask out your email address.

please keep any / all such email messages from google until this matter is fully resolved, as they may be needed later if further assistance is required.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have checked in my google maps contributions and the street name edit says it has been updated but google maps still has the wrong street names.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie, did you receive an email message from google indicating published?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,
Yes I did but still not updated.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie, how about bud street?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It was apparently published as well
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie, could you please indicate which road segments are bud street, and which are fragrant drive? has to be from personal knowledge, cannot copy from other maps.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks so much for your help. Hope this is OK.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi terrie,

could you please provide some photos of street signs?

perhaps from -

please provide photo/s that include the names of the intersecting streets in the same photo, making sure the names of the streets are clear and legible.

if the street signs of the intersecting streets cannot be captured in the one photo with the names of the streets being clear and legible, please provide 1 photo with both street signs visible, and additional photos of each of the street signs such that the names are clear and legible. if possible, please capture the photos in such a way the backgrounds show the photos are from the same area.

some examples -
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Terrie, 
Here is my take. Apple maps pull information from Yelp. We know Google's practice of data is key to making the user experience in Google Maps a superior service to Apple Maps.  With the increased drive in Apple's privacy essentially Apple maps can only depend on a third party to update data.  They are not using personal data to make improvements to maps. 
Google Maps is an online map service and location finder. Features dynamic, draggable maps, as well as satellite imagery by region. Google also offers a data partner program. check it out. Here you can update your community! https://support.google.com/mapcontentpartners/answer/9359574
Here is information on geodata and the basics! https://support.google.com/mapcontentpartners/topic/21600?hl=en

Hope this helps shed new light on the topic! 

Best

Boss Mom!
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic