Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Building Update Needed
Hello Community,

I have an interesting case which I would love to share with you and kindly ask for a hand with a building contour update.

It's related to the hotels "Hotel Indigo Brussels - City, an IHG Hotel" and "DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City" (ex. Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace) that are located right next to each other. 

Currently, according to the map information, they occupy one building, which is untrue. Kindly take a look at the below screenshots from the map:

In yellow I outlined the part of the building that needs to be associated solely with the property DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City. You can visit the floors plans here as a confirmation of the above.

I know from past experience that you are unable to assist with building outlines addition, yet in this case I am looking for a correction of present contours and I believe that you would have the tools to fix this.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Kind Regards,
Nevena
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (26)
Relevant Answer
hello nevena,

welcome to the google maps community forum!

even if 2 different buildings, they look attached at significant portions of their boundaries. street view also appears to show them attached.

as long as the pins are at correct locations, am not sure there is anything to be concerned about?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic,

Many thanks for your reply.

My concern is related to the fact that the building entity has the address Pl. Charles Rogier 20, 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium, which is the one of the hotel "Hotel Indigo Brussels - City, an IHG Hotel" and also that the two hotels are present in "At this place" information:

That is certainly misleading and DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City should not be associated with this address, to avoid any mixtures or visibility issues in the long term.

Therefore, the building contours of the two properties need to be separated.

Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards,
Nevena
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi nevena,

if i correctly understand what you are saying, i do not believe changing the building outlines will necessarily resolve the problem.

what is the correct specific location of the address "Pl. Charles Rogier 20, 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium"?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic,

"Pl. Charles Rogier 20, 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium" corresponds to the area around the entrances of Hotel Indigo Brussels - City, an IHG Hotel and SERRA restaurant.

Kindly note that once the building entity is separated into two parts, we will be easily able to assign the address of the DoubleTree hotel to the relevant building.

Let me show you an excellent example of 2 hotels in a very proximity in Rome, Italy where each one of them has its own building entity:
This is exactly our goal with Hotel Indigo Brussels - City, an IHG Hotel and DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City.

Hope you could assist with this.

All the best,
Nevena
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi nevena,

again, i do not believe changing the building outlines will necessarily resolve the problem - "that is certainly misleading and doubletree by hilton brussels city should not be associated with this address, to avoid any mixtures or visibility issues in the long term."

"kindly note that once the building entity is separated into two parts, we will be easily able to assign the address of the doubletree hotel to the relevant building."

have you already tried to move the address pin for "pl. charles rogier 20"?

"let me show you an excellent example of 2 hotels in a very proximity in rome, italy ....."

i understand there are such examples. there are also examples where separate buildings are grouped together for one outline, even though there are different addresses within that outline.

please see the following - https://goo.gl/maps/X6amdCGXqPvxUgkK7

please note the following different addresses and their locations within the building outline -

239a victoria street, singapore 188029 < https://goo.gl/maps/oZmxxbYLSDb3Uqcb8 >
229 victoria street, singapore < https://goo.gl/maps/wqrLi2hDDp4vYrPz9 >
62 queen street, singapore 188541 < https://goo.gl/maps/bK9Q5uyD9TXMZp1v7 >

please also see the following satellite view, showing the separate buildings - https://goo.gl/maps/GQ2UtbmA1DNX2UB6A

and an example of street view showing the separate buildings - https://goo.gl/maps/fN5p1kdCiDuJoyUL9
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic,

I appreciate the examples, yet I am afraid they are irrelevant to this case. Please allow me to explain why.

All these businesses are located in Recoil - Bugis Street mall and it's totally normal to share a building. We manage hotels located in malls as well and the building outlines covers the whole mall, please click here. As long as the location identifier Located in: Intermark Mall is present in the address details, we are all good.

Now coming back to the properties in Brussels. If we look at the map a few meters away from their area, we are seeing another example with hotels having their own building associated to the relevant address.

Hope these additional details would be sufficient for you to accept the request and separate the building.

Kind Regards,
Nevena
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic,

"all these businesses are located in recoil - bugis street"

i am not sure this is necessarily true. look at the following street view -

additionally, see < https://goo.gl/maps/U5LUBd6BoGGCzM3y6 > and < https://goo.gl/maps/mVqLBfhvg7KuZqtbA > - there would appear to be at least 2 different "shopping centres" within the one building outline.

i do not believe changing the building outlines will necessarily resolve the problem.

before looking to do anything with the building outlines, have you already tried to move the address pin for "pl. charles rogier 20"?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic,

Did you take a close look at the hotels' examples I shared with you? I believe that the mall example has nothing in common with my request.

As for your question on the pin location of Pass. Charles Rogier 20, ideally, the building should be separated first and then the appropriate addresses to be added/adjusted. I explained that in the beginning of this topic.

What's more, it's a premise and I don't think that moving the pin location would somehow solve the matter.

I am kindly asking you to forward me to another representative, if you think that the request is not achievable. I am convinced it is :)

Thank you,
Nevena
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi nevena,

"did you take a close look at the hotels' examples i shared with you?"

yes, i did.

"as for your question on the pin location of pass. charles rogier 20, ideally, the building should be separated first and then the appropriate addresses to be added/adjusted. i explained that in the beginning of this topic."

have you already made an attempt to correctly locate the pin? outline does not need to be changed first to enable you to do that.

"what's more, it's a premise and i don't think that moving the pin location would somehow solve the matter."

maybe not, but we have a process we need to follow. i am also not sure changing the building outline will by itself resolve the problem.

"..... if you think that the request is not achievable."

this isn't about whether drawing new outlines is achievable. it is about resolving a problem that you have, which is getting the pins to the right places. doing that does not necessarily need changing the building outline.

perhaps let me ask this - if all of the pins were at the correct locations, and the 2 hotel business profiles / addresses were not associated with each other, would it matter how the building outlines were drawn? if yes, why?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi nevena, sure, happy to help.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic