Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates.

/maps/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Get road and home address added to Google Maps
Our home was built in 2018 at the end of a private road.  There is also a second home on this road, but no others.  Our address does not show up on Google Maps yet but our neighbors address does, however even the placement of the neighbor's address on the map is incorrect.  The satellite imagery show both homes.  I have submitted three requests via the "Send Feedback" and "Missing Road" options over the past several months but they always come back as "Not Applied - Google couldn't verify your edit"...  How can we get this fixed?
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (19)
Relevant Answer
hello brad,

welcome to the google maps community forum!

could you please provide specific details of road name and location?

could you also please provide screenshot/s of acknowledgement email message from google for the missing road edit request submission, showing full details?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic-

Thanks for your reply.  I actually never got any email replies on the submissions (or have possibly deleted them), but I can still see them in my edits within Google Maps:

The missing road is called Rachel Lane and is located at the address 13 Richard's Way, Saco, ME 04072.  There is NOT an actual building at 13 Richard's Way (and never will be), rather that lot was actually sold along with the property behind it, and was used to build Rachel Lane, which is the private road that provides access to the 2 homes on Rachel Lane.

After clicking on that link, you can switch it to the satellite view and clearly see the road, as well as 2 homes.

This home is 2 Rachel Lane, Saco, ME 04072.  

This home is 4 Rachel Lane, Saco, ME 04072.

Strangely enough, if you input 2 Rachel Lane into Google Maps, you DO get a result, but that result is incorrect.  The pins above are the correct locations for these 2 homes.  There are NO results when you search for 4 Rachel Lane.

Please let me know if you need any additional information/photos/maps/surveys.  Willing to do anything I can to get this updated.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi brad,

the private road's name is rachel lane, but the addresses are 2 and 4 richard's way? could you please help me understand why the addresses are based on richard's way even though the physical sites are along rachel lane?

as you indicate, the map has < https://goo.gl/maps/hMv1rrJ1zKrhbrcH7 > as 2 richard's way, and < https://goo.gl/maps/ZKNyE6kDeUXaZFFP7 > as 4 richard's way. if these are not correct, do you know what the correct addresses are for these locations?

do you recall exactly how you tried to add rachel lane?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi cfanatic-

Sorry for the late reply...  I can't believe I actually typed that!  You are correct, the addresses for the homes are most definitely Rachel Lane.  I have edited the post above to reflect that.  You can re-read that post, and hopefully it makes more sense now.

As for how I tried to add Rachel Lane, I believe I used the "Edit the map" --> "Wrong pin location or address" links from within Google Maps.

Screenshot showing rejected edits here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/yzyWucNosVazsqkn9

Does that make sense?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hi brad,

i cannot get it to go back to richard's way any more - so maybe it has been properly corrected. anyhow, please keep an eye on it and let us know if it is not properly fixed in a week or so.

could you (or your neighbour) please submit an edit request to re-locate the addess for 2 rachel lane?

please keep (or ask your neighbour to keep) any / all acknowledgement email messages received from google relating to the re-location of the address, as they may be needed later if further assistance is required.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/maps/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic