Control who finds your contributions
Important: Reviews, photos, and ratings are public in Google Maps. You can’t post reviews, photos, or ratings privately on Maps. Learn more about how to write reviews and add ratings of places.
Anyone can find your public contributions on your profile, unless you choose to restrict them.
Public information on Maps includes:
- Name, photo, and bio
- Reviews, photos, published lists, and ratings you’ve added to Maps
- Number of likes and views on your contributions
- Local Guide level, points, badges, and number of contributions
Tip: Your public contributions are automatically found on your profile. You can change your Profile settings at any time.
You can restrict your published contributions and posts on Google Maps by updating your profile settings. Once you restrict your contributions, others will be unable to view your contributions on your public profile.
Update profile visibility settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Settings Personal Content Profile Privacy
- Use the switch to make your profile public or restricted.