After you follow a place, updates for that place appear in the For you tab in Google Maps.
Businesses you follow can see your Google Maps public profile, unless you choose to follow privately.
Follow a business in Google Maps
Tip: Not all businesses can be followed.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a business or place.
- Tap a place in the list Follow OK or Follow privately.
Note: Businesses that you follow can see your Google Maps public profile, unless you choose to follow privately.
- To unfollow an individual business or place, tap the tick .
You can control whether businesses that you follow can see your public profile. To stop sharing your profile with businesses you follow, tap your profile picture or initial Settings Personal content. Then, turn off Visible to businesses.
See all businesses that you follow
You can view and manage all the places that you follow in one list.
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Saved . At the bottom, tap Following. A complete list of the places that you follow will display.
Tip: To unfollow an individual business or place, tap Following.