Decide on a place to eat with your friends
If you and your friends are having trouble deciding where to eat, use Google Maps to make it easier. You can select one or more restaurants to share with a group, then find out how and when to get there.
Make a shortlist of restaurants to share
- On your Android phone, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a specific place, or select a restaurant that Maps recommends for you.
- Touch and hold the name of the place. Your selection gets added to a shortlist.
You can touch and hold more places you’d like to visit to add them to the shortlist.
Edit your list of restaurants
- Tap the list you made. You’ll see it as a bubble on your Google Maps screen.
Note: If you closed Maps and want to find your list again, tap Menu Your Places Shared. The Shared list only shows shortlists you've joined before. It doesn't show private shortlists.
- Choose an option:
- To delete your whole shortlist, at the top, tap More Delete.
- To delete one place from your list, swipe it to the left and tap Remove place.
- To include more places, at the bottom, tap Add a place.
Share a shortlist of restaurants
After you gather a shortlist of restaurants, you can invite others to check your shortlist as a group. Then you can decide where to eat together.
- Tap the shortlist you made. You’ll see it as a bubble on your Google Maps screen.
- Tap Share and give your shortlist a name. You’ll create a link to the list.
- Choose how you want to share the link.
- Send the link.
View a shortlist of restaurants
Your contact can open a link to see the list and join the group. After joining, you all can:
- Decide where to eat: Tap and vote on the restaurants in the list.
- See more details: Tap a place for more info.
- Look up a restaurant’s location: At the top, tap the Map .
- Make another suggestion: At the bottom, tap Add a place.