Make your own Street View collections when you take your camera on a drive, ride, or walk. Your recorded video is converted into Street View when you publish it. Data about your location is used to geotag and position your recording on the map. Connections between individual 360 photos appear 4 days or longer from completed publishing.
Tip: Only outdoor videos can be converted into Street View. Indoor collections usually can’t log accurate GPS information. Learn more about capturing 360 videos for Street View.
Publish with Street View Studio
- Navigate to Street View Studio on desktop or mobile.
- On the left, click Upload.
- Select or drag-and-drop your 360 video.
- Only .mp4 and .mov files are currently supported.
- Most 360 cameras add metadata and GPS data to your video file.
- If your 360 camera outputs this information into a separate .gpx file, at the bottom right, select More Upload GPX file.
- Click OK.
- A progress bar will appear in the bottom right corner where you can track your upload.
- If you close the website while an upload is in progress, select the same file to continue. It will restart from where the upload was interrupted.
- Once the upload is complete, it may take several days for it to get processed.
- Review your video.
Tip: If you publish Street View content where content already exists, Google automatically determines the default collection based on quality, resolution, and recency. You can use the Time Machine feature on Google Maps to find a collection from a specific date.