Important: During the unprecedented COVID-19 situation, we are taking steps to protect the health of our team members and prioritize critical services. As a result, there may be some temporary limitations and delays in how you can contribute to Maps.
In Google Maps, you can ask and answer questions about the places and business you see. Business owners and others can respond to these Q&As directly. You can ask or answer questions from search on any device, and from Google Maps.
Ask a question
- On your computer, open Google.
- Search for a place.
- Under the information card for the place on the right side, click "Ask a question" next to the "Questions & answers" section.
- Optional: To edit or delete your question, click More click Edit or Delete.
When your question is answered, you’ll get a notification if you have an Android device.
Report questions or answers
Question and answer policies to follow
The content policies listed below play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using Google products. We need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide these services, and we ask that everyone abide by the policies below to help us achieve this goal. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change.
Content: We’ll remove content that violates any of the content policies below:
- Advertising: Don’t use Q&A for advertising. Don’t add links to other websites or phone numbers of a different place. Questions and answers should be a genuine reflection of your experience with a place.
- Spam: Don’t spam. Don't include promotional or commercial content, don't post the same content multiple times and don't write questions and answers for the same place from multiple accounts.
- Phone numbers or email addresses: To help prevent advertising and spammy Q&A, we don’t allow phone numbers or email addresses. If you want to add an updated number or email address use the Report a problem link to report that information instead. Note: If you are a registered Google My Business owner of a listing, you may post phone numbers in your answers.
- Off-topic Q&A: Don’t post answers based on someone else’s experience, or that are not about the specific place you’re answering about. Q&A aren’t meant to be a forum for general political or social commentary or personal rants. If you would like to report a wrong location or a place closed, please use the Report a problem link to report that information instead of posting a Q&A. Note: Only use the "Ask Question" box to post questions. Reviews and comments will be removed.
- Keep it clean: Don’t use obscene, profane, or offensive language. We’ll also remove Q&A that represent personal attacks on others.
- Conflict of interest: Questions and answers are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write questions or answers for a business or to write negative questions or answers about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for Q&A written about your place of business. In addition, upvote Q&A in an unbiased manner, rather than a promotional one.
- Illegal content: Don’t post Q&A that contain or link to unlawful content, like links that facilitate the sale of prescription drugs without a prescription.
- Copyrighted content: Don't post Q&A that infringe others' rights - including copyright. For more information or to file a DMCA request, review our copyright procedures.
- Sexually Explicit Material: We don't allow Q&A that contain sexually explicit material. Do not seek or provide information on content that exploits or abuses children. Questions and answers related to this subject will be removed. Google will take appropriate action, which may include disabling accounts and reporting to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement.
- Impersonation: Don’t post Q&A on behalf of others or misrepresent your identity or connection with the place you’re reviewing.
- Personal and confidential information: Don’t post Q&A that contain another person’s personal and confidential information, including credit card information, government identification number, driver’s license information, etc.
- Hate Speech: We don't allow Q&A that advocate against groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Regulated Goods and Services: Do not use the service to sell or facilitate the sale of regulated goods and services, such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices.
Tell us about inappropriate questions or answers
- Next to the question or answer, click More .
- Click Report.
Answer someone’s question
If you know the answer to what others have asked, you can reply to them in Google.
- On your computer, open Google.
- Search for a place.
- In the info card for the place on the right, under "Questions & answers," click See all questions.
- Next to the question, click Answer.
- Optional: To edit or delete your answer, click More click Edit or Delete.
- The person who asked will get a notification after you’ve answered.
- If you’re the owner, you need to claim your place on Google My Business to see the notifications.