In the Google Maps app, you can compare ride services with other ways of getting to your destination, like public transit or walking.
Important: This feature is not available in all regions and languages.
How to request a ride
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app . Make sure you sign in to your Google Account.
- Search for your destination or tap it on the map.
- In the bottom left, tap Directions .
- At the top, tap Rides . A list of services, prices, and times appears. Lime vehicles and docked bikeshares are not available in all cities.
- To search for Lime vehicles near you: tap Transit or Cycling .
- To search for docked bikeshares near you: tap Cycling .
- Choose the service you want to use. You’ll be taken to the provider’s app. If you don’t have their app installed, you’ll be taken to the App Store to download the app.
- Follow the instructions in the provider’s app to finish your ride request.
Tip: Maps shows information made available by the ride-service providers. If you have a question or complaint about one of these providers, contact them directly.
Information about rides
Request Lime vehicle
If your city supports Lime vehicles, you can request a Lime bike or scooter in the Maps app.
- Open your Google Maps app .
- Available Lime bikes and scooters near you appear in your Transit options. Maps shows you:
- The closest Lime vehicle to you, including the vehicle’s type and pricing.
- How long it will take to reach both the vehicle and your destination.
- To select a Lime vehicle, tap the Lime vehicle option from your Transit options to open the Lime app, then follow the instructions.
Use a docked bikeshare
If your city supports docked bikeshares, you can find them in your Google Maps app.
- Open your Google Maps app .
- Search for your local bikeshare program's name to see all the docks near you and how full or empty they are. Maps shows you:
- The closest bike station to you along your route, including how many bikes or docks are available.
- Turn-by-turn cycling navigation from dock to dock.
- To select a bike, tap the docked bikeshare option from your Cycling options to open the bikeshare program's app, then follow the instructions.
Here’s a list of ride-service providers that you might see, depending on your country or region:
- Chauffeur Privé
- Meru Cabs
- Ola Cabs
We don't share any information with ride-service providers until you tap on a result. Here’s what information is shared:
- Maps shares your pickup location and destination. Your current location and the names you made for places, like "Home" and "Work," aren’t shared.
- Ride-service providers share information like estimates for cost and wait times.
When you look for a ride, Google Maps provides you with an estimated cost. The final price for the ride is determined by the ride-service provider, not Google. For more information, contact the ride-service provider.
You can turn on accurate trip pricing to find a more accurate fare estimate:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Account Circle Settings.
- Under "Getting around", tap Ride services.
- Turn accurate trip pricing on or off for each ride-service provider.