On your iPhone or iPad, you can get real-time traffic information in the Today view without opening the Google Maps app. When you add the Google Traffic widget, you'll see:
- Traffic information and delays in your area
- Crashes, construction, or road closures nearby
Get traffic information in the Today view
This feature is available on your iPhone or iPad on iOS 11 and above.
- On the lock screen of your iPhone or iPad, swipe left to right until you see a list of widgets.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- Tap Add "Google Traffic" .
- Tap Done. You should see nearby traffic information in the Today view.