Connect a device to your Google Account
If your phone or tablet doesn't show up when you select "Send to your phone," you might need to connect your device to your Google Account.
- Make sure you're using the latest Google Maps app version.
- Sign in to the same Google Account on your computer and mobile device.
- Sign in on your computer: Go to Google. In the top right, select Sign in.
- Sign in on your phone or tablet: Open the Google Maps app in the top left, select Menu sign in to your account.
- Follow the steps to turn on notifications.
Add your car
If your car doesn't show up when you select "Send to phone," follow the steps below.
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar.
- Click Sign in and enter your account information.
- Click Add car or GPS device.
- Select your car type like, "Audi" or "Nissan."
- Type in your account ID provided by your car manufacturer in “Account ID” field. Find your ID by signing into your car manufacturer’s website.
- Optional: To find your car more easily in the future, type a name for your car.
- Click OK.
Cars that work with this feature
- Kia UVO
If you have a problem, contact your auto maker for help.
- Cars may vary based on your country.
- We currently only allow one car per account.
- This feature doesn’t let you send routes or directions to your car, but you can send a place.