Find and share places using plus codes
Plus codes work just like street addresses. When an address isn’t available, you can use a plus code to find or share a place on Google Maps, like your home or business.
A plus code includes:
- 6 or 7 letters and numbers
- A town or city
Here’s an example of a plus code:
X4HM+3C, Cairo, Egypt.
Find the plus code for a place
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click anywhere on the map to drop a pin.
- At the bottom, click the info box. On the left you'll see the plus code and more info about the place.
You might see a plus code without a town or city. Instead, an area code will be added to the beginning of the plus code, like
Find a place using plus codes
To search for a place using a plus code, use the plus code like an address.
- Open Google Maps.
- At the top, tap the search box and type the plus code.
Tip: You can use a plus code with a town or city, such as
X4HM+3C, Cairo, Egypt, or with an area code, such as
7GXHX4HM+3C. When you’re near a place, you don’t have to include the area code. For example, you can search for