Blur or remove 360 photos
You can blur parts of your 360 photos to hide details such as faces or license plates. If there are people or information that you don’t have permission to show in your photo, we recommend you blur these elements to respect others’ privacy.
If Google is the owner of the photo, you can request blurring of the photo. You can also request blurring or report a photo if the image contains:
- Your face, home, or other identifying information without your consent.
- Anything that violates the Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies .
- If Google doesn’t own the photo, the photo owner is responsible for blurring the photo before publishing it. If you think that someone else has published a photo of you that violates the Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies , report the photo using the instructions below.
- After a photo is blurred and published, the blur can’t be removed from the photo.
Blur your photos
Blurring your photos isn’t available on your computer. To blur your photos, use the Street View app.
Request blurring or removal of a photo
- Open Google Maps or the Street View gallery.
- Find and open the 360 photo that violates the Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies .
- In the bottom right, click Report a problem.
- Complete the form.
- Click Submit.
We'll review your report as fast as we can. If you entered your email address in the form, we may contact you to get additional information or to update you on the status of your report.
Learn more about Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies .