Add a widget to your home screen to easily get information using the Google Maps app.
See how long it takes to get to home and work
Add the "Google Travel Times" widget to see an estimate of how long it'll take to get home or to work. You can also look up travel times to the other places you've saved.
The instructions below are for iOS 11 and above.
- On the lock screen of your iPhone or iPad, swipe left to right until you see a list of widgets.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- Tap Add Google Travel Times.
- Tap Done. After you add the widget, you'll see estimated travel times on your "Today" screen.
- If you tap Home or Work, you'll see directions to home or work in the Google Maps app. If you don’t have your home or work address saved, learn how to set your home and work address.
- To add other saved places, from the lock screen, swipe to the Google Travel Times widget tap Edit shortcuts. You can add up to 3 more places.
- Optional: If you use 3D Touch, make sure you: