Sign up to be a Local Guide and get points for contributing content to Google Maps. Collect points to increase your level and get Local Guide benefits. Learn more about Local Guides points and levels.
How to get points
You can get points in nine ways. Learn how to:
- Review a place
- Rate a place
- Add photos to a place
- Answer questions about a place
- Edit a place's information or Edit a road on the map
- Add a missing place
- Check facts about places nearby
- Respond to Q&As
- Tag a dish
- Add to Google Maps and earn badges
See your points breakdown
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click Menu Your contributions.
- Click on your name.
- Your points will appear in your profile. After you make a contribution, it can take up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Note: As a Local Guide, you can move up in levels when you earn more points. Find out about the benefits at each level.