Sign up to be a Local Guide, contribute content to Google Maps, and get points for content that gets published. Collect points to increase your level and get Local Guide benefits. Learn more about Local Guides points and levels and how to submit high-quality content.
How to get points
You can get points from many types of published content. Learn how to:
- Review a place
- Rate a place
- Add photos to a place
- Answer questions about a place
- Edit a place's information or Edit a road on the map
- Add a missing place
- Check facts about places nearby
- Respond to Q&As
- Tag a dish
- Add to Google Maps and earn badges
See your points breakdown
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click Menu Your contributions.
- Click on your name.
- Your points will appear in your profile. After you make a contribution, it may take up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
Note: As a Local Guide, you can move up in levels when you earn more points. Learn about the benefits at each level.