Tips and tricks for the Google Maps app
To save time and simplify your Google Maps experience, check out these lesser-known tools.
Try one of the latest Google Maps features
There are many ways to use Google Maps or explore the world around you. Here’s one feature that people find helpful right now.
Ask and answer questions
You can ask and answer questions about the places and businesses you see. Business owners can respond directly.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a place, or tap it on the map.
- At the bottom, tap the name of the place.
- To see if someone already asked your question, under "Questions & answers," tap See all questions.
- To ask a new question, under "Questions & answers," tap Ask the community.
- To answer a question, under "Questions & answers," tap See all questions Answer.
When your question is answered, you’ll get a notification.
Learn about other helpful Maps features
- Make Google Maps better for others:
You earn points and recognition for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps.
Learn how to contribute to Google Maps.
- Make a list of places to visit:
To remember how to get someplace, save it in Google Maps. That way, you can quickly find it later.
Learn how to save favorite places.
- Send your location in real time:
To make it easier to meet up with others or show them how to find you, let them see where you are.
Learn how to share your location with others.
- Save maps to your phone:
If you plan to travel where it’s hard to get the internet, download an area map ahead of time.
Learn how to navigate offline.
- Set route options:
When you use Google Maps to navigate to a place, you can pick your route preferences.
Learn how to avoid tolls, ferries, and highways.
- Explore in Street View:
You can see photos of the places you visit and explore the area up close.
Learn how to use Street View.