There are many ways to explore the world with Google Maps. Learn more about Maps tools to save time and simplify your Google Maps experience. Learn how to get started with Google Maps.
Plan future trips on Google Maps
On your computer or mobile device, you can choose when you want to start driving or when you want to reach your destination. The travel time estimate for your trip is based on traffic and transit schedules for the planned travel time.
To schedule a trip:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Set directions to a place.
- At the top, tap More Set depart or arrive time.
- Set a time under "Depart at" or "Arrive by."
- This feature is only available if you have one destination.
- This feature is only available for Driving and Transit.
Learn about other helpful Maps features
- Improve Google Maps for others: Earn points and recognition for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Learn how to contribute to Google Maps.
- Make a list of places to visit: Create a list of saved places to organize and quickly access your most-used locations. Learn how to save places.
- Send your location in real time: Meet up with others or show them how to find you, let them find where you are. Learn how to share your location with others.
- Save maps to your phone: If you plan to travel where it’s hard to get the internet, download an area map ahead of time. Learn how to navigate offline.
- Set route options: When you use Google Maps to navigate to a place, you can pick your route preferences. Learn how to avoid tolls, ferries, and highways.
- Explore in Street View: You can get photos of the places you visit and explore the area up close. Learn how to use Street View.
- Measure distances: Measure the distance between 2 or more points on the map. Learn how to set points and find distances.
- Get or find coordinates: Search for a place using its latitude and longitude coordinates, or get the coordinates of a place you've already found. Learn how to find coordinates in Maps.