There are many ways to explore the world with Google Maps. Learn more about Maps tools to save time and simplify your Google Maps experience.
Plan future trips on Google Maps
On your Android device, you can choose when you want to start driving or when you want to reach your destination. The travel time estimate for your trip is based on traffic and transit schedules for the planned travel time.
To schedule a trip:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Set directions to a place.
- At the top, tap More Set depart or arrive time.
- Set a time under "Depart at" or "Arrive by."
Tip: This feature is only available if you have one destination.
Learn more about Google Maps
Learn more about Google Maps features at the Help Center. Here are some other ways to use Maps:
- Improve Google Maps for others: To earn points and recognition, share reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Learn how to contribute to Google Maps.
- Create a list of places: Create a list of saved places to organize and quickly access your most-used locations. Learn how to save your favorite places.
- Send your location in real time: To make it easier to meet up with others, share your location with them. Learn how to share your location with others.
- Save maps to your phone: If you plan to travel to a place with limited internet access, download an area map of the place ahead of time. Learn how to navigate offline.
- Set route options: When you use Google Maps to navigate to a place, you can pick your route preferences. Learn how to avoid tolls, ferries, and highways.
- Explore in Street View: You can find photos of the places in Maps and explore the area virtually. Learn how to use Street View.