To save time and simplify your Google Maps experience, check out these lesser-known tools.
Try one of the latest Google Maps features
There are many ways to use Google Maps or explore the world around you. Here’s one feature that people find helpful right now.
Plan trips in the future
On your Android device, you can choose when you want to start driving or when you want to reach your destination. You’ll see a travel time estimate, based on traffic and transit schedules. Try setting a specific travel date or time to find the best route before you leave.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Look up directions to a place.
- After you've gotten your directions, at the top, tap More Set a reminder to leave.
- To change your travel dates or times, select Depart at or Arrive by.
Note: If you have more than one destination, you won’t be able to use this feature.
Learn about other helpful Maps features
- Make Google Maps better for others:
You earn points and recognition for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps.
Learn how to contribute to Google Maps.
- Make a list of places to visit:
To remember how to get someplace, save it in Google Maps. That way, you can quickly find it later.
Learn how to save favorite places.
- Send your location in real time:
To make it easier to meet up with others or show them how to find you, let them see where you are.
Learn how to share your location with others.
- Save maps to your phone:
If you plan to travel where it’s hard to get the internet, download an area map ahead of time.
Learn how to navigate offline.
- Set route options:
When you use Google Maps to navigate to a place, you can pick your route preferences.
Learn how to avoid tolls, ferries, and highways.
- Explore in Street View:
You can see photos of the places you visit and explore the area up close.
Learn how to use Street View.
See what else you can do with Google Maps
- To learn about more Google Maps features, go to the Help Center.