You can turn on notifications in the Google Maps app and see things that interest you, like train schedules or traffic on routes you travel often.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app.
- Tap Notifications Google Maps .
- Turn on Allow Notifications.
To turn on a notification, like when to leave for an event, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Menu Settings Notifications.
- Turn on a notification: Next to the notification, turn on the switch.
- Turn off a notification: Next to the notification, turn off the switch.
Notifications you might see
Here are some types of notifications you might see from Google Maps:
Prompts to add photos of places that you've visited
You might get notifications to add a photo you’ve taken in public places that Google thinks are interesting to other people, like restaurants and bars. We do not guarantee you'll get a notification that prompts you to add a review or photo after an interaction with every business.
Before posting a photo, make sure that it follows Google's user content policy. Your photos should also meet these guidelines:
Be in focus and not blurry
Show what most people experience, like the food or the ambiance
Not be a selfie or a group photo
Note: To get these notifications, enable the permission for Google to check for photos. Google only gets the location data from the photo's metadata.
Note: To get these notifications, you need to turn on Location History.