Turn Google Maps notifications on or off
You can turn on notifications in the Google Maps app and see things that interest you, like train schedules or traffic on routes you travel often.
- Open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app.
- Tap Notifications Google Maps .
- Next to “Allow Notifications,” slide the toggle on.
To turn on a notification, like when to leave for an event, follow the steps below.
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Tap the Menu Settings Notifications.
- Turn on a notification: Next to the notification, turn on the switch.
- Turn off a notification: Next to the notification, turn off the switch.
Notifications you might see
Here are some types of notifications you might see from Google Maps:
Note: To get these notifications, you need to turn on Location History.