You can get public transport departures from the Google Maps app. Some public transport stations show real-time departures while others show a schedule of departures.
Find nearby departures
- On your your mobile device, open the Google Maps app .
- Enter a destination and tap Directions .
- At the top, tap Public Transport .
- Optional: To select a preferred mode of transportation and route, tap Options Done.
- Scroll up and down to see public transport options and times. Tap a route for directions.
Tip: After you select your trip, to pin your frequent trips, tap Pin . Learn more about pinning your trips and the Go tab.
Station crowd levels
When you make a journey on public transport you might be able to find out how crowded a station is. When it’s available, you’ll find crowd-level information under the name of the station. The information is based on public transport data.
Find departures from a specific station
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Search for the station or tap it on the map.
Green – On schedule and updating in real time
Red – Delayed, updating in real time
Black – Not updating in real time
– Construction or other delays