Send directions to your phone, car, or tablet
On your computer, you can send a place you find on Google Maps to your phone or tablet. If you use a car that can accept directions, like some cars from MINI or Toyota, you can send directions to your car.
Step 1: Add your device or car
Add your phone or tablet
In Google Maps, make sure you’re signed in to the same account on:
- The computer you're using.
- The phone or tablet. If you’re asked to turn on notifications, tap Turn on notifications.
Add your car
- Go to google.com/maps/sendtocar.
- In the top right, click Sign in and enter your account information.
- Click Add car or GPS device.
- Choose your car manufacturer and type in your account ID. To find your ID, sign in to your car manufacturer’s website.
- Optional: To find your car easily in the future, add a name for your car.
- Click OK. To add another car, click Add another car or GPS device.
Step 2: Send a place
- On a computer, open Google Maps. If you're using Maps in a mobile browser or an older web browser or operating system, this might not work.
- Find the place you want to send.
- Below the search box, click Send to your phone. Then, choose an option:
- Choose the phone or tablet you want to send to.
- Click Send to car Send.
- If you don't have a device or car listed, you can send by email or text message. Text isn't available in all countries. Learn how to add or change your phone number stored in your Google Account.
- You’ll get a notification on your phone, tablet, or car.
Fix a problem
My device is missing as an option
If you don’t see your phone or tablet when you click Send to your phone:
- Make sure you’re signed in to Google Maps with the same account on your computer and mobile device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Maps app.
I didn’t get a notification on my phone or tablet
- Make sure your device is connected to data or Wi Fi.
- Make sure your notifications are turned on.
I don’t see "Send to your phone"
Try these steps:
- Make sure you've turned on notifications.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Reload Google Maps on your computer and try again.
Maps isn't working in my car
Check that your car works with this feature. Here's a list of cars that work with this, but keep in mind this might vary depending on your country:
- Kia UVO
If you need help, contact your auto maker.