Make a restaurant reservation in Google Maps
Use the Google Maps app to make restaurant reservations in the United States through OpenTable, an online reservation site.
Make a reservation
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a restaurant or tap a restaurant on the map.
- To see more information, tap the name of the restaurant. If the restaurant uses OpenTable, you'll see a "Find a table" section with open time slots.
- To look for openings at different times and party sizes, update the reservation time and party size.
Note: If your Google email is registered with OpenTable, you'll also get Dining Rewards points for your reservation.
Confirm your reservation
You'll see a page that confirms your reservation. You'll get a confirmation email from OpenTable shortly afterwards.
Change or cancel your reservation
To change or cancel your reservation, follow the steps below.
- Open the confirmation email from OpenTable.
- Tap Change or Cancel.
You'll see this error if Google couldn't connect to OpenTable to confirm your reservation.
To try again, tap Start over.
To have a "Find a table" section, your restaurant needs to be part of the OpenTable Network and located in the United States.
If your restaurant is a part of the OpenTable Network, but isn't showing up, contact OpenTable.
Information that's shared when you create a reservation
Partner with Google on restaurant reservations
Google currently offers restaurant reservation integrations on Maps with OpenTable. If you manage an online reservation service and would like to partner with Google, fill out this form.
Note: While Google isn’t actively seeking partners, we might consider new partners in the future.