Search and find nearby places
You can search for places nearby, like places to eat and drink, in Google Maps. You’ll see places like restaurants, coffee shops, and other places of interest along with ratings and descriptions.
Find places in a specific area
To find places near an area you’ve searched for, follow the steps below.
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Search for a place.
- Press Enter or click Search .
- Click Nearby .
- Type the kind of places you want to search, like
- Press Enter or click Search . Results appear as red icons .
- To go back to your original search result, click the X .
You can also use the term "near." For example,
coffee near central park will return places to get coffee near the park.
Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you won't be able to search for nearby places.