Search and find nearby places
You can search for places nearby, like places to eat and drink, in Google Maps. You’ll see places like restaurants, coffee shops, and other places of interest along with ratings and descriptions.
Find places near you
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- At the top, tap the Menu .
- Choose Explore .
- This feature isn’t available everywhere.
- You can also find places near you by going to the bottom right and tapping the blue dot Explore around you .
- To quickly search for places like gas stations, grocery stores, or ATMs, tap the search bar and choose a type of place.
- If you are navigating to a place, you can search for places along your route.
Scroll through categories by swiping left or right on them. Or find things to do by scrolling up and down.
To explore another area:
- Tap the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Pan and zoom to another area. You’ll only see results for places within view of the map.
- Tap Explore here.
Information about your places comes from your Location History. Your Location History lets Google show you useful information like recommendations for places. This is based on where you’ve been with your devices. Your info is only shared if you've turned on Location History and signed in with your Google Account. Only you can see these recommendations. To turn off Location History and stop seeing recommendations in the future, learn how to manage your Location History.