Search and find nearby places
You can search for places nearby, like places to eat and drink, in Google Maps. You’ll see places like restaurants, coffee shops, and other places of interest. You'll also see ratings and descriptions.
- Google Maps contains content from different sources. Your Maps results may include information from our partners, our users, or the public web. Google may remove content if we learn that it violates our content policies or if it violates applicable laws.
- Local search results in Maps are based primarily on relevance, distance, and prominence. These factors are combined to help find the best match for your search. For example, Google algorithms might decide that a business that's farther away from you is more likely to have what you're looking for than a business that's closer. Therefore, it will rank higher in local results.
- Results in Google Maps are not influenced by payment from other companies. Paid content in Google Maps is labeled.
Find places near you
- Open the Google Maps app .
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on Explore .
- To see more information, drag the Explore tab up from the bottom of the screen.
- To see more places, choose a category, like lunch or coffee.
- This feature isn’t available everywhere.
- To quickly search for places like gas stations, grocery stores, or ATMs, tap the search bar and choose a type of place.
Information about your places comes from your Location History. Your Location History lets Google show you useful information like recommendations for places. This is based on where you’ve been with your devices. Your info is only shared if you've turned on Location History and signed in with your Google Account. Only you can see these recommendations. To turn off Location History and stop seeing recommendations in the future, learn how to manage your Location History.