Search and find nearby places
You can search for places nearby, like places to eat and drink, in Google Maps. You’ll see places like restaurants, coffee shops, and other places of interest along with ratings and descriptions.
Find places near you
- Open the Google Maps app .
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on Places .
- To see more information, drag the Places tab up from the bottom of the screen.
- To see more places, choose a category, like lunch or coffee.
- This feature isn’t available everywhere.
- To quickly search for places like gas stations, grocery stores, or ATMs, tap the search bar and choose a type of place.
- If you are navigating to a place, you can search for places along your route.
Information about your places comes from your Location History. Your Location History lets Google show you useful information like recommendations for places. This is based on where you’ve been with your devices. Your info is only shared if you've turned on Location History and signed in with your Google Account. Only you can see these recommendations. To turn off Location History and stop seeing recommendations in the future, learn how to manage your Location History.