Send a place to your car
You can send a place in Google Maps to your car using the Send to Car feature. This feature's only available for certain participating car manufacturers.
Add your car
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar.
- Click Sign in and enter your account information.
- Click Add car or GPS device.
- Select your car type from the dropdown menu. For example, “Audi” or “Nissan.”
- Type in your account ID provided by your car manufacturer in “Account ID” field. Your ID can be found by signing into your car manufacturer’s website. Click to see an example.
- [Optional] Type a name of your car to remember it more easily.
- Click OK.
Send a place to your car or navigation device
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for a place.
- Click Send to car in the card that appears below the search box.
If you don't see the Send to car link, see alternate instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Confirm the place and device details in the dialogue box that appears. Click the picker with your default car/device to change between saved cars/devices. You can rename the place if you want.
- Click Send.
- Follow the prompts in your car or on your device to see the place.
Don't see the link? Make sure you're signed in and have saved a car.
Experiencing issues? It may be your car. Contact your automaker for assistance. We currently only allow one car per Send to Car account.Click to see the list of carmakers available.
- BMW - My Info
- Kia UVO
Note: Send to car doesn’t support sending routes or directions to your car.
If the instructions above didn't work, you might be on the classic version of Maps. Follow these alternate instructions:Send a place to your car or navigation device on the classic Google Maps
- Open the classic Google Maps.
- Search for a place.
- Click more > Send in the info window for that listing.
- If you’re signed in to your Google Account, you’ll see a few more options for where to send your map, directions, or business listing:
- Car: Send an address or business listing to your car.
- GPS: Send business listing to your navigation device.
- Choose how you want to send the information, then click Send.
Note: Send to phone is no longer available on the classic Google Maps.