Send a place to your car
You can send a place in Google Maps to your car using the Send to Car feature. This feature's only available for certain participating car manufacturers.
Add your car
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar.
- Click Sign in and enter your account information.
- Click Add car or GPS device.
- Select your car type from the dropdown menu. For example, “Audi” or “Nissan.”
- Type in your account ID provided by your car manufacturer in “Account ID” field. Your ID can be found by signing into your car manufacturer’s website. Click to see an example.
- [Optional] Type a name of your car to remember it more easily.
- Click OK.
Send a place to your car or navigation device
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for a place.
- In the card that appears, click Send to device > Send to car.
- Confirm the place and device details in the dialogue box that appears. Click the picker with your default car/device to change between saved cars/devices. You can rename the place if you want.
- Click Send.
- Follow the prompts in your car or on your device to see the place.
Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you won't be able to send a place to your car.
Don't see the link? Make sure you're signed in and have saved a car.
Experiencing issues? It may be your car. Contact your automaker for assistance. We currently only allow one car per Send to Car account.Click to see the list of carmakers available.
Cars may vary based on your country.
- BMW - My Info
- Kia UVO
Note: Send to car doesn’t support sending routes or directions to your car.