Save your favorite places
Star your favorite places on the map so you can quickly find them later from any computer or device. Your saved places will be visible only to you.
You must be signed in to your Google Account to save places and view them on Google Maps.
Save a place
- Open Google Maps and sign in to your Google Account in the top right.
- Click or search for a place on the map. This can be a business, place, or a set of latitude and longitude coordinates.
- In the card that appears below the search box, click the star icon .
Save a place on a map from another website
You can also save places to your Google Maps from Google Maps on other websites.
- Open the website with a map.
- Click a place on the map to see the place card information.
- Click the star icon next to Save to Google Maps.
Your star will appear on your desktop and mobile Google Maps. If you open the place information, you'll also see the website name you saved the place from.
View your places
You can see “My Places” on the map, like places you’ve saved, ratings, check-ins, and locations you’ve searched for.
- Sign in to your Google Account using the Sign in button at the top of the map.
- Your saved places appear on the map as yellow stars. Other places have special markers highlighted with yellow.
If you don't see your stars on the map, see the alternate instructions at the bottom of this page.
If the instructions above don’t work, you might be on the classic version of Maps. Follow these alternate instructions:View your places on the classic Google Maps
View all the places you've starred in a list:
- Open Google Maps and sign in to your Google Account.
- Click My Places.
- Select Starred.
Laura is a Google Maps expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.