If you have Web & App Activity turned on, Google Maps saves activities to your account to give you more personalized experiences in all Google services. This includes things like:
- Searching for things in Maps
- Getting directions to or from a place
- Viewing a place after selecting it
- Sharing a Maps link to a place
- Calling a place from Maps
View & delete items from your Maps activity
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile picture or initial Your data in Maps Web & App Activity: See & delete activity.
- To delete individual items: Next to the entries you want to delete, tap Remove .
- To delete a group of items: On the right, tap Delete.
- To delete today’s activity: Select Delete today.
- To delete by date:
- Select Delete custom range.
- Choose the dates you want to delete, tap Next.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
- To delete all your activity: Select Delete all time. Tap Delete to confirm.
How your activity is deleted
When you choose to delete activity manually or activity is deleted automatically based on your auto-delete setting, we immediately start the process of removing it from the product and our systems.
First, we aim to immediately remove it from view and the data may no longer be used to personalize your Google experience.
We then begin a process designed to safely and completely delete the data from our storage systems.
Along with helping you delete data manually or automatically, Google may delete some types of activity sooner when it’s no longer useful to improve your experience.
For limited purposes, like business or legal requirements, Google may retain certain types of data for an extended period of time.
Deleting your Maps activity won’t affect things like:
- Visits from your Location History
- Other Web & App Activity, such as related searches or website clicks
- Saved lists or labels you added
- Reviews, photos, edits, or feedback reports you submitted
- Other Maps data not associated with your account