If someone's address is in your Google Contacts, you can find their address on the map by searching for their name. If you search for an address, you can see any contacts matching that address.
Find a Google contact
Note: You can't add or hide contacts on the map using your iPhone or iPad.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Search for a contact's name or address. Matching contacts will appear in the suggestions.
- To see your contact on the map, choose a name or address.
- To see your contact's details, tap the bottom of the screen.
If your contacts aren't showing up in your search results or when you select an address, try these tips:
- Make sure that Web and App Activity is on: Web and App Activity must be turned on for Google Maps to show your contacts in search results.
- Make sure that the person's name and address is in your Google Contacts: Learn how to add or edit a contact.
- Make sure Google Maps can get your contacts on your iPhone or iPad: to make sure Google Maps can access your contacts, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap the Home button.
- Go to Settings Privacy Contacts.
- Turn on Google Maps.
Tip: you can sync your Google contacts with your Apple device.