How to report a data problem

If you see something wrong with the map, like wrong business hours, you can report it using the "Report a data problem" link. To edit places that matter to you on Google Maps, you can use Google Map Maker.

Report a data problem

To report a data problem on the map:

  1. Open Google Maps and make sure you're signed in.
  2. Zoom in and click where you see the problem. This can be a road, directions, an address, business, or other place. Or, search for the place you want to update.
  3. In the top left corner, click the main menu ​.
  4. Click Send feedback.
  5. Click Report a data problem.
    If you don't see the "Report a data problem" link, learn more in the section below.
  6. Follow the instructions to report your issue. To add a new place, like a restaurant or park, click Add a missing place.
  7. Click Submit.
Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you won't be able to report a problem from within Maps. You might be able to submit edits using Map Maker instead.

What happens to your report

If you report a problem on Google Maps, your changes are usually submitted to Google Map Maker. Using Map Maker, people submit reports and review reports made by other users about missing or wrong information on the map. Your change will be compared to a variety of sources to confirm it's correct.

Note: Not all reports go to Map Maker. Some are sent directly to Google for review.

Show me how

Don't see the "Report a data problem" link?

If you don't see a "Report a data problem" link, you can’t report a problem to Google Maps right now.

However, you might be able to report a problem outside of Google Maps:

  1. Zoom in to the general area where you see the problem.
  2. Find the data provider name in the bottom right corner of the map.
  3. Search for the data provider on Google Search and contact them directly.

Troubleshoot info on the map

I follow the steps and information is still wrong

If the map is still wrong, you can use Google Map Maker to correct the information yourself. Map Maker edits are compared to a variety of sources, and will go live as soon as reviewers confirm it's correct.

Street View image needs blurring or updating
Learn how to report a Street View image that is either out-of-date or has personal information, like a face or a license plate.
Satellite imagery needs updating
Right now you can’t report satellite imagery. You can, however, use the Follow Your World tool to find out when new imagery will be available.
Personal information appears for an unrelated business

If personal information appears on a business or place's search result in Maps, Google+, or Google Search, you can report the issue through Google Maps.

  1. Open Google Maps and make sure you're signed in.
  2. Search for the business.
  3. Click Suggest an edit in the card below the search box.
  4. Follow the instructions to report your issue.
  5. Click Submit.
Remove content for legal reasons
To report content that should be removed from Google for legal reasons, contact us.
Var denne artikkelen nyttig?