Report a problem or fix the map
If you see something wrong with the map - like wrong directions or a missing place - you can report it using Google Maps. You can use Google Map Maker to report missing house or apartment locations to Maps.
Report a problem
To report a problem on the map:
- Open Google Maps.
- Zoom in and click where you see the problem. This can be a road, directions, an address, business, or other place. Or, search for the place you want to update.
- Click Report a problem in the bottom right corner of the map.
If you don't see the "Report a problem" link, learn more in the section below.
- Follow the instructions to report your issue. Or click Add a missing place to add a new place (like a restaurant or park) to the map.
- Click Submit.
What happens to your report
If you report a problem on Google Maps, your changes are usually submitted to Google Map Maker. Using Map Maker, people submit reports and review reports made by other users about missing or incorrect information on the map. Your change will be compared to a variety of sources to confirm it's correct.
Note: Not all reports go to Map Maker. Some are sent directly to Google for reviewShow me how
Don't see the "Report a problem" link?
If you don't see a "Report a problem" link, you aren't able to report a data issue to Google Maps at this time.
However, you might be able to report a problem directly to our data providers outside of Google Maps:
- Zoom in to the general area where you see the problem.
- Find the data provider name in the bottom right corner of the map. For example, “Tele Atlas.”
- Search for the data provider on Google Search and contact them directly.
More about map dataI follow the steps and information is still wrong
If the map is still wrong, you can use Google Map Maker to correct the information yourself. Map Maker edits are compared to a variety of sources, and will go live as soon as reviewers confirm it's correct.
If personal information appears on a business or place's search result in Maps, Google+, or Google Search, you can report the issue through Google Maps.
- Open Google Maps and search for the business.
- Click Suggest an edit in the card below the search box.
- Follow the instructions to report your issue.
- Click Submit.