Get directions with your home and work address
Get home or get to work easily with Google Maps. Save your home or work addresses to use in search or directions on your computer or mobile. Make sure you're signed in with your Google Account.
Set your home and work addresses
- Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
- Type "home" or "work" into the search box.
- Click set location next to the search result that appears below the search box.
- Type in your home or work address, then press Enter.
Use home and work in search or directions
When you search for a place on the map, you'll automatically see how close it is to your home or work. Travel time will appear next to the place.
Or, enter your directions manually
- Search for a place.
- Click Directions below the search box. The place will appear as your destination.
- Click either Home or Work for your starting point. The directions will appear on the map.
- To reverse your starting point and destination, click the arrows.
You can also type "home" or "work" into the directions fields to use one as a starting point or destination.
Note: Web & App Activity must be turned on to use “home" and "work" in search and directions. If you don't see home and work in Maps, you may have Web & App Activity turned off.
Laura is a Google Maps expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.