Get directions with your home & work address
Get home or get to work easily with Google Maps. Save your home or work addresses to use in search or directions on your computer or mobile. Make sure you're signed in with your Google Account and have Web & App Activity turned on.
Set your home & work addresses
- Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
- Type "home" or "work" into the search box.
- Next to the search result that appears below the search box, click Set location.
- Type in your home or work address, then press Enter.
Use home & work in search or directions
When you search for a place on the map, you'll automatically see how close it is to your home or work.
Or, enter your directions manually:
- Search for a place.
- Below the search box, click Directions . The place will appear as your destination.
- Click either Home or Work for your starting point. The directions will appear on the map.
- To switch your starting point and destination, click the "Reverse" icon .
You can also type "home" or "work" into the directions fields to use one as a starting point or destination.
Troubleshoot issues with home & work
Web & App Activity must be turned on to use “home" and "work" in search and directions. If you don't see home and work in Maps, learn how to turn on Web & App Activity.