Use Street View in Maps
With Street View, explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders, and step inside locations such as museums, arenas, restaurants and small businesses.
See Street View imagery
You can see Street View by placing the yellow Pegman icon on the map or by clicking the Street View thumbnail image in the search results.
Use the yellow Pegman icon
- Click the yellow Pegman icon .
- Drag the yellow Pegman icon to the area you want to explore.
- Unclick to drop the icon on a blue line, blue dot, or orange dot on the map.
Note: Street View might not be available in all regions.
Use the search box
- Search for a place or click a location on the map.
- In the card for the place, you’ll see the images that are available, including Street View. You can also expand the carousel to see more imagery for that place.
- To zoom down to street level, select the image labeled "Street View" or select the thumbnail with a Street View icon .
- To exit Street View, select "Back to Map" at the bottom left of the map.
Navigate in Street View
- To move down the road, hover your cursor in the direction you want to travel. Your cursor becomes an arrow that shows which direction you’re traveling.
- To see where you might go next, look for the X. Click once to travel to the X.
- To look around, click and drag your mouse. You can also use the arrows to the left and right of the compass.
- To zoom in or out, scroll with your mouse or two-finger zoom with a touchpad. You can also use the + and - buttons below the compass.
- To position your Street View North, go to the bottom right and click the compass.
- To jump between streets, go to the preview window in the bottom left and click the blue highlighted routes.
Add an image
Blur or remove a Street View image
If you find an image that contains personal information or illegal content, follow the steps below to request blurring or removal.
Note: User contributed photos will be removed for legal and policy violations. Google will not apply blurring to these photos.
- Open Google Maps.
- In the bottom right corner, click the yellow Pegman icon . Then drag and drop it onto the map.
- Find the Street View image. Make sure that you see the exact image that you want to report.
- In the bottom right, click Send feedback.
- Complete the form.
- Click Submit.
Phone or tablet
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Find the Street View image you want to report. Make sure you see the exact image that you want to report.
- Touch the screen once to show the menu bar.
- In the top right, touch the menu .
- Select Report a problem.
We'll review your report as fast as we can. If you entered your email address in the form, we’ll email you with any changes to the status of your report.
Learn more about Google Maps Image Acceptance and Privacy Policies.