Use Street View
With Street View, you can visit a destination before you get there or explore a place you’ve never been from a ground-level perspective.
View Street View imagery
You can see Street view by placing Pegman on the map or by clicking the Street View thumbnail image in the search results.
- Click Pegman .
- Areas with Street View imagery available will be highlighted in blue.
- Areas with indoor imagery available will be orange dots on the map.
- Drag Pegman to the area you want to explore.
- Unclick to drop him on the map and your screen will zoom down to street level.
Note: Street View may not be available in all regions.
Use the search box
- Search for a place or click a location on the map.
- In the card for the place, you’ll see the images that are available, including Street View. You can also expand the carousel to see more imagery for that place.
- Select the image labeled "Street View" or select the thumbnail with a Street View icon . Your screen will zoom down to street level.
- To exit Street View, select "Back to Map" at the bottom left of the map.
Navigate in Street View
- To move down the road, hover your cursor in the direction you want to travel. Your cursor becomes an arrow that shows which direction you will travel, and an on the ground marks where you will go. Click once to travel to the .
- To look around, click and drag your mouse. You can also use the arrows to the left and right of the compass icon.
- To zoom in or out, scroll with your mouse or two-finger zoom with a touchpad. You can also use the + and - buttons below the compass.
- To orient your Street View North, click the compass icon in the bottom right.
- To jump between streets, click the blue highlighted routes in the preview window in the bottom left.