If Google Maps loads slowly, there are a few things that you can try.
Get the latest app version
To make sure that you have optimal performance and can use the most recent features, update your Maps app version. To update your Maps app, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store.
- In the bottom right, tap Updates.
- Tap Update all.
If you don't have the Maps app installed, get the latest Google Maps app.
Clear app data
Google Maps stores data such as shared locations, saved locations and map tiles on your phone or tablet.
Clearing this data will do the following:
- Delete cache (including search suggestions, direction searches, map tiles and activity page content stored on your device)
- Delete cookies
This action can't be undone, so make sure that you want to delete all of the items above before clearing application data. This action will only delete data stored on your phone or tablet, not data stored on Google servers.
To clear app data from the Google Maps app, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings .
- Tap About, terms & privacy.
- Tap Clear application data.
- Tap OK.