Maps are loading slowly
If the new Google Maps is slow to load, or just isn’t loading at all, there are a few solutions you can try:
Restart your computer and browser
Often, Google Maps will load more quickly after you restart your computer or browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
Update your computer and browser
Make sure that your computer and browser meet the Maps system requirements. If you see a "Lite mode" link in the bottom right corner of the map, you need to update your computer's operating system or browser.
If your computer meets the system requirements, but Google Maps is still loading slowly, you may need to update your graphics driver.
Switch to Lite mode
If you're using Google Maps with 3D and it seems slow, try switching to Lite Mode. Lite Mode is a simplified version of Google Maps that doesn't have 3D imagery.
If none of the solutions above worked, try adjusting your browser settings or downloading software that improves your computer graphics.Add Google Maps as a trusted site
If you use Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari, you may need to adjust your browser settings to get Maps to work properly.Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and above:
- Go to Google Maps.
- Click Tools > Page Info.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Under “Access your location,” uncheck the box and select either “Allow” or “Always ask.”
Firefox 3.1 and below (using Gears):
- Go to Google Maps.
- Click Tools > Gears Settings.
- Click Remove next to maps.google.com
- Open Safari and click Safari in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Preferences > Privacy > Prompt for each website one time only.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the "Trusted sites" icon, then click the Sites button.
- Uncheck the box next to "Require server verification for all sites in this zone."
- Next to “Add this Web site to the zone,” type "maps.google.com" (without quotes) and click Add.
- Repeat step 6 to add the following sites: "local.google.com", "www.google.com", and "*.google.com" (all without quotes).
- Click OK, then click OK again to save your changes.
Installing the latest version of DirectX, a software that improves visuals on your computer, could help Maps load more quickly. To install DirectX, please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113.
In order for things like Street View to work, you need to have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed. To install Flash, please visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions.